Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT - dynamically add columns
BIRT - dynamically add columns [message #1776944] Thu, 23 November 2017 06:29
Bob D is currently offline Bob DFriend
I am trying to generate a BIRT report based on the following (simplified) SQL tables:

* Product (ProductCode, ProductDescription, RRP) - this table has products which are sold and the attributes of the product.
* StockOnHand (ProductCode, WarehouseName, QtyOnHand) - this table indicates how much of each product is on hand, in each warehouse.

Now I'd like to generate a report where each row shows each product and its attributes, as well as the stock on hand in various warehouses. But I don't know ahead of time which warehouses to show the stock on hand for, as this will be passed as a report parameter.

So the columns of the report would look something like the following: ProductCode,ProductDescription,RRP,Warehouse1StockOnHand,Warehouse2StockOnHand,...,WarehouseNStockOnHand

I'm not clear on the best way to generate a dynamic set of columns. I've come across one solution which is based on building the report in Java code - see https://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Build_Dynamic_Table_(BIRT).

I am wondering if there is a simpler solution which does not involve writing custom Java code?
Previous Topic:JDBC jar for CDH 5.2
Next Topic:BIRT with spring boot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:17:17 GMT 2024