Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Mqtt topic in Kura
Mqtt topic in Kura [message #1776858] Wed, 22 November 2017 10:28 Go to next message
ermanno porporato is currently offline ermanno porporatoFriend
I know that the topic in Kura works with the following hierarchy:

account/client/prefix/suffix

(4 levels),

but if I want different hierarchy, more levels, ecc., I suppose I need to modify many of the java class in Kura, and not to use the wires and the Gui, where the 4 levels are fix (I hope to understand the logic actually in Kura)

many thanks for any suggestions
Re: Mqtt topic in Kura [message #1776862 is a reply to message #1776858] Wed, 22 November 2017 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I answer, partially, ty myself because I have found an interesting doc.pdf "Eclipse Kura MQTT Namespace Guidelines", with the following note about the 4.th field in the topic:

"A resource_id may be a hierarchical topic, where, for example, "sensors/temp" may identify a temperature sensor and "sensor/hum" a humidity sensor."

that can solve a part of our problems, I continue to read...
Re: Mqtt topic in Kura [message #1776879 is a reply to message #1776862] Wed, 22 November 2017 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
However I think we need to intervene for example to modify the payload mqtt, adding something, so we still have to see where to intervene on the classes and whether it is more or less easy or difficult and convenient
Re: Mqtt topic in Kura [message #1776882 is a reply to message #1776879] Wed, 22 November 2017 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And this is VERY important for us to adopt kura as framework for many important projects, with respect to other tools. If someone has experience can write me also via private message thanks
Re: Mqtt topic in Kura [message #1776996 is a reply to message #1776882] Thu, 23 November 2017 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
I would suggest to have a look here: https://github.com/eclipse/kura/blob/develop/kura/org.eclipse.kura.api/src/main/java/org/eclipse/kura/cloud/CloudClient.java
As you can see the "app-topic" part is completely customisable by the end application. So, it can reach any level of nesting there that your application should be able to manage.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Mqtt topic in Kura [message #1777024 is a reply to message #1776996] Thu, 23 November 2017 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you very much for the answer

I apologize for the title of the discussion but in reality the part that interests us to personalize is the
payload of the message and the message composition ... and even sending it, if possible not only with Google protocol buffer
Re: Mqtt topic in Kura [message #1777032 is a reply to message #1777024] Thu, 23 November 2017 17:00 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
the payload of the message is decided by the application.
In terms of message encoding, currently the default cloud stack available in Kura supports the Protocol buffer and the simple JSON.
If you need a different one, that obviously, will require the development of a new cloud stack.
Previous Topic:Wires without 'Timer'
Next Topic:mToolkit for oxygen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:27:08 GMT 2024