Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Synchronization with FETCH_HEAD does not refresh(Synchronization)
Synchronization with FETCH_HEAD does not refresh [message #1776801] Tue, 21 November 2017 18:20
Jan Pardubický is currently offline Jan PardubickýFriend
Hello, I am new to eclipse (but have some experience with git) so please be patient with me.

I have some trouble synchronizing with remote repositories using EGit.

I set up new synchronization, set all projects to synchronize with FETCH_HEAD local changes then appear and i can commit and push them without problem.

However, after that, the synchronization window still contains the changes that i just pushed, even after refreshing or setting up the synchronization again.

When I set to synchronize with refs/remotes/origin/master for example, it works as expected (changes no longer appear after pushing), but of course it breaks when i switch branches (still compares to remote master rather than new remote branch).

What helps:
- Switching to java perspective, right click on project > Team > Synchronize workspace ..... for each and every project
- Fetch using git for windows and then setting the synchronization again or

I think that may be a bug? Or am I just doing something wrong (which is probable)

What else may be relevant:

- EGit version 4.9 (also 4.8)
- Fetches automatically before each synchronization
- Include local uncommited changes in comparison is checked

Thanks for any feedback!
H.

Previous Topic:Constant errors when checking out and pulling
Next Topic:Authentication failure - No password provided - although password was entered
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:36:17 GMT 2024