Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Error, "computeCompletionProposals()"(5 second lag when I press "." key)
Error, "computeCompletionProposals()" [message #1776490] Fri, 17 November 2017 01:08 Go to next message
Linus Lee is currently offline Linus LeeFriend
Hi! Eclipse-Oxygen 1a 4.7.1has been working well for me, up until a few days ago. Whenever I am typing, it seems that when I press the '.' key, it slows down the whole program for about 5 seconds. It is very laggy and annoying to work with.

I checked another post and it said it may be due to large JAR files. I have a craftbukkit. jar file for Minecraft plugins. Any idea if this could be the problem? I have checked my metadata. log file but there are no errors.

I have also tried reinstalling. Although I can still use Eclipse, it is just annoying to use currently. Thanks for any help!

Here is the error I get:

The 'org.eclipse.recommenders.completion.rcp.javaCompletionProposalComputer.intelligent' proposal computer from the 'org.eclipse.recommenders.completion.rcp' plug-in did not complete normally. The extension took too long to return from the 'completeCompletionProposals()' operation.
Re: Error, "computeCompletionProposals()" [message #1776579 is a reply to message #1776490] Fri, 17 November 2017 20:33 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Have you tried following the suggestion in the error dialog?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 November 2017 22:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:console view won't open
Next Topic:Eclipse cannot terminate application under Mac OS X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:14:23 GMT 2024