Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML
Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML [message #1776443] Thu, 16 November 2017 13:33 Go to next message
Steffen Zschaler is currently offline Steffen ZschalerFriend
Hi all,

I'm trying to do something similar to the core xtext grammar where it allows referencing an external Ecore package through a URL and then use the imported classifiers etc. within the remaining model.

So, I have something like this in my grammar:

import "http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore" as ecore

A:
	s = [ecore::EPackage | STRING]  t = [ecore::EPackage | STRING] "{"
		bs += B+ 
	"}"
;

B:
	s = [ecore::EClassifier | QualifiedName] "=>" t = [ecore::EClassifier | QualifiedName]
;

Eventually, I want to define a scope such that B.s can be filled with classifiers from the containing A.s and B.t can be filled with classifiers from the containing A.t.

I have been googling about, reading documentation on scoping etc and scanning through the XText sources, too. I think I understand how to define the local scope for B.s and B.t. However, at the moment, I cannot figure out how to get A.s and A.t to load the correct .ecore file. Note that in my case these Ecore models are not registered, so I need to provide a file path. However, in my test, even when I provide a platform URL for it, Xtext doesn't load it.

My test example parses OK and does not produce any errors. However, in the model created, all I get is proxies for all the Ecore bits, with strange IDs such as "eProxyURI: __synthetic0.lang_compose#|0".

I'm clearly missing something here, but cannot figure out what. Any thoughts? I know about global scope providers, but given that Xtext can already do this when parsing grammars, I assume that this would either work out of the box or that there would be a GlobalScopeProvider I can reuse for this. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one.

Many thanks,

Steffen
Re: Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML [message #1776444 is a reply to message #1776443] Thu, 16 November 2017 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
hi,

how do you "test" your dsl?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML [message #1776445 is a reply to message #1776444] Thu, 16 November 2017 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've written a test in the standard test project generated by xtext:

@RunWith(XtextRunner)
@InjectWith(XFooInjectorProvider)
class XFooParsingTest {
	@Inject
	ParseHelper<A> parseHelper

@Test
	def void loadModel() {
		val result = parseHelper.parse('''
			"platform:/some_project/some_path/s.ecore" "platform:/some_project/some_path/t.ecore" {
					s.S => t.T
			}
		''')
		Assert.assertNotNull("Did not produce parse result", result)
		Assert.assertTrue("Found parse errors: " + result.eResource.errors, result.eResource.errors.isEmpty)
		Assert.assertNotNull("Did not load s classifier", result.bs.head.s.name)
	}
}

It fails at that last assert statement
Re: Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML [message #1776447 is a reply to message #1776445] Thu, 16 November 2017 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to somehow make sure the standalone ecore support is in places e.g. with the classes /org.eclipse.xtext.ecore/src/org/eclipse/xtext/ecore/EcoreSupport.java or /org.eclipse.xtext.ecore/src/org/eclipse/xtext/ecore/EcoreSupportStandaloneSetup.java

Re: Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML [message #1776448 is a reply to message #1776447] Thu, 16 November 2017 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and of course the platform:/resource uris wont work in standalone mode as well.
=> have a look at the standalone class and its options to set a platformUri, scanclasspath or add project mappings

Re: Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML [message #1776449 is a reply to message #1776448] Thu, 16 November 2017 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see. I had started to think that using platform URIs would be part of the problem, so I have switched to the version of parse that uses an explicit resource set and am providing it with one that I prepare by pre-loading the two ecore files. I guess, now I just need to add the support for EcoreSupport. Any suggestions about where I should add these in?
Re: Loading file-based ecore files from xText DSML [message #1776458 is a reply to message #1776449] Thu, 16 November 2017 15:02 Go to previous message
Figured it out, many thanks. The solution was to add the registration of EcoreSupport into the StandaloneSetup#register as shown here: https://searchcode.com/codesearch/view/37962746/

Now on to narrowing those scopes so that they really only can refer to members of the files referenced
Previous Topic:Sharing how to override the lexer
Next Topic:Two DSL in same project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:04:04 GMT 2024