Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » JDBC persistence service in ESH(JDBC persistence service in ESH)
JDBC persistence service in ESH [message #1776417] Thu, 16 November 2017 10:03 Go to next message
Kiran Patil is currently offline Kiran PatilFriend
Hi,

Is there a JDBC persistence service available in ESH ?

If it is available, which is the DB(sqlite, H2) to which we can configure with minimal effort and steps to achieve it.

Thanks.
Re: JDBC persistence service in ESH [message #1776543 is a reply to message #1776417] Fri, 17 November 2017 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Triller is currently offline Stefan TrillerFriend
Hi Kiran,

PersistenceService's only exist in openHAB. We do not have them in ESH.

But there are plenty available as you can see here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/tree/master/bundles/persistence

However if you want to use them in openHAB2/ESH you need the org.openhab.core.compat1x bundle with the org.openhab.core.persistence.PersistenceService interface.

Some documentation with examples on how to use them can be found here: http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/persistence.html

I do not know what you are planning to do with it but if you like to create nice graphs about item states I can recommend using the org.openhab.persistence.rrd4j service.

Regards,

Stefan
Re: JDBC persistence service in ESH [message #1776590 is a reply to message #1776543] Sat, 18 November 2017 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stefan,

I would like to store item state for graphing purpose and as well as on restart all items should pick the last saved state.

I would like to know the steps to configure it to access DB, if anyone tried on ESH.

Thanks,
Kiran.
Re: JDBC persistence service in ESH [message #1776714 is a reply to message #1776590] Mon, 20 November 2017 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Triller is currently offline Stefan TrillerFriend
Hi Kiran,

what you want is exactly what I described. You can store an item's state for graphing purposes or to restore it on a restart of the system via a persistence service.

But since ESH is just the framework it does not provide implementations for persistence services. If you need them, either implement your own or use a solution such as openHAB that bases on ESH and implements persistence services. I have linked the documentation in my post above.

Regards,

Stefan
Re: JDBC persistence service in ESH [message #1776746 is a reply to message #1776714] Tue, 21 November 2017 05:10 Go to previous message
Hi Stefan,

We would like to add such functionality to ESH.

Thanks for clarifications.

Regards,
Kiran.
Previous Topic:Nginx configuration to access ESH
Next Topic:Support for Channels in DiscoveryResultBuilder and/or DiscoveryResult
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:49:28 GMT 2024