Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Newbie -- How to Organize my Workspace
Newbie -- How to Organize my Workspace [message #1776258] Tue, 14 November 2017 14:21 Go to next message
Greg Valvo is currently offline Greg ValvoFriend
Hi all. I just installed Eclipse with the Sloeber plugin to develop C++ code for processors in the Arduino ecosystem. Never used Eclipse before so the learning curve is a little steep, but I'm groping my way through. I'm also new to the workspace / project concept.

My question is about organization of the Workspace. When using the Arduino IDE, all project files are stored in a Windows folder known as the sketchbook. Within that folder I created a hierarchical tree of folds to organize my projects into logical groups. For example, to organize all my code for Halloween projects I'd have a subfolder called 'Halloween'. Underneath that I'd have subfolders called 'Light and Sound Effects' and 'Costumes' Underneath each of those I'd have subfolders with code for various projects. Hope you get the idea.

So, my question; is there a way to organize my Eclipse Workspace into a similar hierarchical structure? I think a flat Workspace containing dozens (or hundreds) of projects all at the same "level" would be ugly, unorganized, and difficult to work with. I'm obviously not an Eclipse 'power user', and never will be. I just want to bring a little organization to my setup.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Newbie -- How to Organize my Workspace [message #1776272 is a reply to message #1776258] Tue, 14 November 2017 17:04 Go to previous message
Greg Valvo is currently offline Greg ValvoFriend
Update - Since that was my first post here, the system wouldn't let me include an external link. Now, here's the web site for Sloeber:
http://eclipse.baeyens.it/
Previous Topic:Cantata IDE
Next Topic:Installing Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:21:12 GMT 2024