Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » Can we capture Exception/Error Message from console in Finish block?(Exception Handling)
Can we capture Exception/Error Message from console in Finish block? [message #1776207] Mon, 13 November 2017 19:27 Go to next message
Harshitha Macha is currently offline Harshitha MachaFriend
Hi

We want to provide debugging guidelines to the end user if the script fails due to a runtime exception . For same we are thinking to capture/read exception caused from console in 'finish' block and write code in same finish block to upadte end user with required actions.

This will save lot debugging effort on known issues.

Is there a way to get Error Message/ Exception message from console within script in Finish block , instead of using try catch blocks ?

Thanks,
Harshitha
Re: Can we capture Exception/Error Message from console in Finish block? [message #1776264 is a reply to message #1776207] Tue, 14 November 2017 15:43 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I'm afraid what you write is not clear. I assume a 'finish' block is a Java 'finally' clause, but I'm not sure how this would be instead of a try/catch.

I'm not at all sure that your 'script' is necessarily OCL, so perhaps you are on completely the wrong newsgroup.

I suggest you provide a clearer example of what you are trying to do and what you are unable to do.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Using OCL to create a M2M ATL to UML2
Next Topic:maven emf ocl artifacts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:01:34 GMT 2024