Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » CYGWIN x64 version for GCC 6.4.0(Titan Cygwin gcc version)
CYGWIN x64 version for GCC 6.4.0 [message #1776059] Fri, 10 November 2017 08:37 Go to next message
Yann Garcia is currently offline Yann GarciaFriend
Dear Support Team,

I would like to know if you have a version of Titan 6R2A for Cygwin x64 and GCC version 6.4.x?
The current available version for Cygwin is built for GCC 5.4.x

Many thanks in adavnce for your help,

Yann
Re: CYGWIN x64 version for GCC 6.4.0 [message #1776060 is a reply to message #1776059] Fri, 10 November 2017 08:59 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Yann,

Cygwin being GPL licensed, we cannot distribute Titan for Cygwin as GPL conflicts with EPL. (However we cannot stop users from building it on Cygwin).

In the long term I think Windows 10 and WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) it's a more desirable option than Cygwin , if one wants to execute Titan on a Windows machine.
WSL just became generally available for all Windows 10 users ( and not only to ones subscribed to the Creator updates) in October. Windows 10 can host Ubuntu, openSuSe, SLES as Linux subsystems , and can do that even in parallel!

for details , see:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-subsystem-for-linux-graduates-in-windows-10-fall-creators-update/
https://thewincentral.com/windows-subsystem-for-linux-things-you-need-to-know/

The Eclipse plug-ins can be installed in Windows and talk to the Linux side (which does not support graphics) via an X server such as Xming.
Se my previous posts about the subject. I intend to come back to this with updates.

BR
Elemer

Previous Topic:Writing test port, incoming_message
Next Topic:Error: ServerPort has neither connections nor mappings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:20:02 GMT 2024