Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » RCPTT Maven Build can't find class(RCPTT Maven buld fails with NoClassDefFoundError)
RCPTT Maven Build can't find class [message #1776048] Fri, 10 November 2017 03:43 Go to next message
Bruce Edgerton is currently offline Bruce EdgertonFriend
When I try and run the test runner using maven, I get the following error:

C:\DEVROOT\calypso\client\trunk\RCPTT\Calypso UI Tests>C:\apps\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin\mvn clean package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Using the builder org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder with a thread count of 1
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building calypso.tests 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ calypso.tests ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- rcptt-maven-plugin:2.2.0:resources (default-resources) @ calypso.tests ---
[WARNING] Error injecting: org.eclipse.rcptt.maven.PrepareMojo
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/rcptt/maven/util/Coords
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2671)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2020)
at com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forConstructorOf(InjectionPoint.java:245)
at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl.create(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:99)
at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createUninitializedBinding(InjectorImpl.java:653)
at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:863)
at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBindingRecursive(InjectorImpl.java:790)
at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:278)

What am I doing wrong? I have attached the POM file. I have added the plugin rcptt-maven-plugin-2.2.0.jar to nexus.
  • Attachment: pom.xml
    (Size: 5.65KB, Downloaded 217 times)
Re: RCPTT Maven Build can't find class [message #1776223 is a reply to message #1776048] Tue, 14 November 2017 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Bruse,

Seems 'rcptt-maven-util-2.2.0.jar' is missing. You can add it to nexus or you can remove 'rcptt-maven-plugin-2.2.0.jar' to force downloading 'rcptt-maven-plugin' from a repository specified in your pom.xml.

Additional fixes for your pom.xml:
1) remove first '<runner>...</runner>' node (there are one more '<runner>' node after '<aut>' node)
2) add 'rcptt-releases' repository to use '2.2.0' version or change value of property 'rcptt-maven-version' to '2.3.0-SNAPSHOT', if you want to use snapshot version
'rcptt-releases' repository:
<pluginRepository>
<id>rcptt-releases</id>
<name>RCPTT Maven repository</name>
<url>https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/rcptt-releases/</url>
</pluginRepository>
3) change the value of '<explicit>' node to '${project.basedir}/../calypso/calypso.exe', move all args to '<args>...</args>' node.
See more in 'Application args' section: https://www.eclipse.org/rcptt/documentation/userguide/maven/
Re: RCPTT Maven Build can't find class [message #1782019 is a reply to message #1776223] Fri, 16 February 2018 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Viktoria, sorry to take so long to get back to you. In the plugins section of my pom file I added

<plugin>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.rcptt</groupId>
        <artifactId>rcptt-maven-util</artifactId>
        <version>${rcptt-maven-version}</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>

which download the utils plugin. I have looked in the repository, and the jar file is there and it contains the class that is missing. Why is it not finding it? (I have uploaded my POM file).

Thanks in advance, Bruce
  • Attachment: pom.xml
    (Size: 8.25KB, Downloaded 194 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 16 February 2018 04:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCPTT Maven Build can't find class [message #1782601 is a reply to message #1782019] Tue, 27 February 2018 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please attach full pom.xml and full maven output (start build with '-X -e' options)?
(In the attached pom.xml there is nothing about 'rcptt-maven-util' plugin)
Re: RCPTT Maven Build can't find class [message #1782697 is a reply to message #1782601] Wed, 28 February 2018 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The POM file is attached above, I've also attached the error log.
  • Attachment: err.log
    (Size: 39.41KB, Downloaded 172 times)
Re: RCPTT Maven Build can't find class [message #1783348 is a reply to message #1782697] Mon, 12 March 2018 09:39 Go to previous message
Try to delete
C:/Users/bedgerton/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/rcptt/rcptt-maven-plugin/2.2.0/rcptt-maven-plugin-2.2.0.jar
to force downloading 'rcptt-maven-plugin' from a repository specified in your pom.xml.
Previous Topic:Error:process was terminated while waiting for aut startup data
Next Topic:How to access Error log and verify a text on it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:34:40 GMT 2024