Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Error in importing Epsilon project example
Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1775972] Wed, 08 November 2017 17:27 Go to next message
Marcelo Rodrigues is currently offline Marcelo RodriguesFriend
Good afternoon,

I'm trying to import the project [1], which is an example of how to run Epsilon Validation Language (and other languages) in a stand-alone manner. But I'm getting several errors like: The import org.eclipse.epsilon.evl.execute.UnsatisfiedConstraint can not be resolved.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you,
Marcelo

[1]https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone

[Updated on: Wed, 08 November 2017 17:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1775984 is a reply to message #1775972] Wed, 08 November 2017 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Marcelo,

Could you please try to update to the latest interim version of Epsilon and let me know if the problem persists?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776020 is a reply to message #1775984] Thu, 09 November 2017 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks for your response. I did the update and it solved almost all the errors. The only error being returned is now in the createModule() method of the EtlStandaloneExample, EglStandaloneExample, and EvlStandaloneExample classes. The error is as follows: "Type mismatch: cannot convert from EvlModule to IEolModule (EvlStandaloneExample class )"; "Type mismatch: can not convert from EtlModule to IEolModule (EtlStandaloneExample class)"... etc.

I tried to do a cast for the return type of methods (IEolModule) but it still did not work.

Thank you,
Marcelo
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776021 is a reply to message #1776020] Thu, 09 November 2017 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Marcelo,

If you follow the inheritance hierarchy, EtlModule extends IEolModule (EtlModule > IEtlModule > IErlModule > IEolModule) so you shouldn't be getting such errors. Could you please try to clean and rebuild all projects in your workspace in case it's a JDT caching problem?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776024 is a reply to message #1776021] Thu, 09 November 2017 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris

I managed to solve the problem. The problem was in the IEolModule class that is actually named as IEolExecutableModule.

That way, I updated all the other classes that had some relation with the class IEolExecutableModule and I was able to run the project.

Thank you,
Marcelo
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776025 is a reply to message #1776024] Thu, 09 November 2017 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Marcelo,

IEolExecutableModule should no longer exist in Epsilon [1]. Would it make sense to try with a clean install of the latest interim version?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/commit/?id=4091010457cbba410c31755901a221f29850e680
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776030 is a reply to message #1776025] Thu, 09 November 2017 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

I upgraded to this latest interim version and everything is working fine.

Thank you,
Marcelo
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776640 is a reply to message #1776030] Sun, 19 November 2017 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

I am reopening this topic because now I am facing another type of problem, however, in the same project [1].

I'm using a specific part of this sample project, which is the EVL part (package -> org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.evl). Summarizing what I did:

I changed the models and metamodels that were inside the package org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.models to the models and metamodels of another example project [2]. This project [2] where I took the models (and metamodels), is an example of how to use the ModeLink [3] editor to create a "relationship model".

So I changed the class EvlStandaloneExample (belonging to the package org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.evl ) so that I could add the models and metamodels of the project [2]. I had no difficulty running the project [1] after adding the models "persons.model" and "houses.model", as well as their respective metamodels. However, I'm not able to add the model "personshouses.model". I believe this is happening because it has attributes that are references to other models (persons.model and houses.model). The error happens in the method getModels() of the EvlStandaloneExample class, when I try to add the model "personshouses.model" in the list of models that this method returns.

I would be very happy if you could give me a direction.

Cheers,
Marcelo

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.modelink.personshouses
[3] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/modelink/

[Updated on: Sun, 19 November 2017 20:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776645 is a reply to message #1776640] Sun, 19 November 2017 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Marcelo,

Could you please provide a minimal example [1] I can use to reproduce this?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776688 is a reply to message #1776645] Mon, 20 November 2017 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for your answer!

I sent to the e-mail epsilon.devs@gmail.com (subject: Error in project standalone example) the project [1] with the modifications that I reported in the message sent previously in the forum. The Epsilon version I am using is: 1.4.0.201611012202.

Steps to run the example:

1- Unpack and import the project in eclipse.

2- In src-> org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.evl, run the EvlStandaloneExample class.

3- Note that everything will perform perfectly, and you will receive the following message: "1 constraint (s) have not been satisfied
Test message ".

Now, for you to see the error I'm getting, go to the getModels() method (line 41) of the EvlStandaloneExample class and remove the comment from line 45.

Cheers,
Marcelo

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776689 is a reply to message #1776645] Mon, 20 November 2017 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for your answer!

I sent to the e-mail epsilon.devs@gmail.com (subject: Error in project standalone example) the project [1] with the modifications that I reported in the message sent previously in the forum. The Epsilon version I am using is: 1.4.0.201611012202.

Steps to run the example:

1- Unpack and import the project in eclipse.

2- In src-> org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.evl, run the EvlStandaloneExample class.

3- Note that everything will perform perfectly, and you will receive the following message: "1 constraint (s) have not been satisfied
Test message ".

Now, for you to see the error I'm getting, go to the getModels() method (line 41) of the EvlStandaloneExample class and remove the comment from line 45.

Cheers,
Marcelo

Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776979 is a reply to message #1776689] Thu, 23 November 2017 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sorry for the insistence, but you already have some idea of what might be causing the error mentioned above?

Cheers,
Marcelo
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776993 is a reply to message #1776979] Thu, 23 November 2017 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Marcelo,

Since you're using a metamodel (personshouses.ecore) that refers to other metamodels by URI you need to load your models using metamodel URIs instead of the metamodel .ecore files. Replacing your three models.add(...) statements with the following should do the trick.

EmfUtil.register(URI.createURI(getFileURI("models/persons.ecore").toString()), EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE);
EmfUtil.register(URI.createURI(getFileURI("models/houses.ecore").toString()), EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE);
EmfUtil.register(URI.createURI(getFileURI("models/personshouses.ecore").toString()), EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE);

models.add(createEmfModelByURI("persons", "models/persons.model", "http://persons", true, true));
models.add(createEmfModelByURI("houses", "models/houses.model", "http://houses", true, true));
models.add(createEmfModelByURI("personshouses", "models/personshouses.model", "personshousesexample", true, true));

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Error in importing Epsilon project example [message #1776999 is a reply to message #1776993] Thu, 23 November 2017 13:59 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you!

Cheers,
Marcelo
Previous Topic:Cannot generate GMF Editor with Eugenia
Next Topic:Epsilon: How to measure a program's execution time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:28:36 GMT 2024