Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Create dependent test case inside a test suite(Create dependent test case inside a test suite)
Create dependent test case inside a test suite [message #1775877] Tue, 07 November 2017 14:15 Go to next message
noor shiblee is currently offline noor shibleeFriend
Hello all,

I am looking for a way to execute set of test cases inside a test suite dependantly. What i have done right now is :

- Inside test suite, i have create 4 test case.

When i execute the test case, all these test case open the application again, do some common task and then start its original execution.

So what i want is, i want to run all common execution once for a test suite and also wants to open the AUT once for a test suite and then all test case will run.

Thanks

Re: Create dependent test case inside a test suite [message #1776238 is a reply to message #1775877] Tue, 14 November 2017 09:58 Go to previous message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Noor,

> When i execute the test case, all these test case open the application again
Is the application closed during test execution? If yes, are there any commands close the app in the test? RCPTT does not kill the app at the end of test execution

> i want to run all common execution once for a test suite
By design, each test case may have contexts and verifications to keep preconditions and post-verifications.
Each test case is independent and it allows you have stable tests (it is not necessary if a previous test fails or not, current test will be executed correctly).
See more: https://www.eclipse.org/rcptt/documentation/userguide/contexts/
We use 'Ecl Script' context to keep reusable ecl code. The context can be added to the test case and will be executed before each test case. It may help you to maintain your test case.

Of course, you can move all common code to a new test case and move it to the first position in the test suite, so it will be executed once before other tests, but this way is not prefered.
Previous Topic:Random failures when loading eclipse projects lead to invalid configuration
Next Topic:RCP Tester not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:51:20 GMT 2024