Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] High Available CDO servers
[CDO] High Available CDO servers [message #1775672] Fri, 03 November 2017 05:58 Go to next message
Hauke Fuhrmann is currently offline Hauke FuhrmannFriend
Hi there,

Eike stated at Eclipsecon that CDO supports some mechanism like Server synchronisation (Master/Slave or Cluster?) to support high availability for CDO servers.

I didn't find any information about the features nor how to set it up in the CDO docs. Can someone point me somewhere?

Cheers,
Hauke
Re: [CDO] High Available CDO servers [message #1775781 is a reply to message #1775672] Mon, 06 November 2017 09:54 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Hauke,

Five years ago I blogged about these two examples:
http://thegordian.blogspot.de/2012/11/use-online-data-offline.html
http://thegordian.blogspot.de/2012/11/fail-server-fail.html

They both refer to screencasts that might be interesting for you.

Unfortunately the example doesn't seem to run anymore. One problem is easy to fix in the SynchronizableRepository.notifyWriteAccessHandlers() method. It should be like this:
  public void notifyWriteAccessHandlers(ITransaction transaction, CommitContext commitContext, boolean beforeCommit, OMMonitor monitor)
  {
    if (beforeCommit && commitContext.getNewPackageUnits().length != 0)
    {
      for (InternalCDOPackageUnit packageUnit : commitContext.getNewPackageUnits())
      {
        if (!packageUnit.isSystem())
        {
          throw new IllegalStateException(
              "Synchronizable repositories don't support dynamic addition of new packages. Use IRepository.setInitialPackages() instead.");
        }
      }
    }

super.notifyWriteAccessHandlers(transaction, commitContext, beforeCommit, monitor);
  }

The problem that comes up next seems to be in the example UI, but I currently don't have the time to investigate it. Maybe you have an idea ;-)

Cheers
Eike

Previous Topic:[xcore] generated code should implements an existing interface
Next Topic:Deleting Model Elements of an Dynamic Xcore Instance with Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:26:55 GMT 2024