Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Referenced projects building(Building the correct Reference project configuration)
Referenced projects building [message #1775594] Wed, 01 November 2017 23:13 Go to next message
Curt Black is currently offline Curt BlackFriend
Setting up a project dependency via:
C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> References

When building the top-level project, it does not build the correct configuration that I have selected in the "References" above. Instead, it builds the 'active' configuration

Same issue as: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/207087/ from a few years back.

Is there a workaround, or is this a bug?
Re: Referenced projects building [message #1775724 is a reply to message #1775594] Sat, 04 November 2017 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshua Newcomb is currently offline Joshua NewcombFriend
Go to your Project Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols.

The right-most tab is named References, go there and you should find what you need to properly setup your Project references.

index.php/fa/31218/0/
Re: Referenced projects building [message #1775999 is a reply to message #1775724] Thu, 09 November 2017 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curt Black is currently offline Curt BlackFriend
again:

"When building the top-level project, it does not build the correct configuration that I have selected in the "References" above. Instead, it builds the 'active' configuration"
Re: Referenced projects building [message #1803671 is a reply to message #1775594] Wed, 06 March 2019 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panagiotis-Dimitrios Paraskevopoulos is currently offline Panagiotis-Dimitrios ParaskevopoulosFriend
There are 2 places to set your project references.
1. is the one you are trying and
2. The one in the same level as C/C++ General named Project References.

Your issue is happening probably because Project References is also checked. I have had the same issue previously.
Where it gets more hairy is that even if you deselect this in second project references, Eclipse will re-select it automatically sometimes.

Re: Referenced projects building [message #1841174 is a reply to message #1803671] Wed, 05 May 2021 16:24 Go to previous message
Vuk Petrovic is currently offline Vuk PetrovicFriend
Panagiotis-Dimitrios Paraskevopoulos wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 14:26

Where it gets more hairy is that even if you deselect this in second project references, Eclipse will re-select it automatically sometimes.

Hi there,

Have you been able to find a way to prevent this from happening? It's currently happening to me, and it's such a headache. Thanks!
Previous Topic:Is there a way to stop Eclipse from auto-selecting project references?
Next Topic:After successful build at the comand line I get Eclipse error JVM terminated. Exit code=1[SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:13:09 GMT 2024