Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Associate StateMachine diagrams with a Class
Associate StateMachine diagrams with a Class [message #1775563] Wed, 01 November 2017 11:36 Go to next message
Carlos Sáenz  is currently offline Carlos Sáenz Friend
Hello,

I am working with StateMachine diagrams on Papyrus and I would like to know how I can associate a certain Class with a StateMachine.

Based on UML specification, it should be done by means of the "classifier behaviour", but I don't know how to do it on Papyrus.

Thank you very much,

Carlos.
Re: Associate StateMachine diagrams with a Class [message #1775567 is a reply to message #1775563] Wed, 01 November 2017 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Cigehn is currently offline Peter CigehnFriend
Unfortunately Classifier Behavior is not exposed on the UML tab in the Properties view in Papyrus. You need to use the Advanced tab in the Properties view where you can find Classifier Behavior. Select Classifier Behavior and press the ... button which opens the selection dialog. Browse to the state machine owned by the class that you want to assign as its classifier behavior.

Hope this helps,

/Peter Cigéhn
Re: Associate StateMachine diagrams with a Class [message #1775576 is a reply to message #1775563] Wed, 01 November 2017 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
In the case you already have a class but no state machine, simply mark the class in the model explorer and choose New Diagram -> State Machine Diagram.

The new state machine diagram by magic defines a new state machine that is by magic defined as Classifier Behavior of the class.

The general case already was described by Peter Cigehn.

/pica

Re: Associate StateMachine diagrams with a Class [message #1775696 is a reply to message #1775576] Fri, 03 November 2017 15:31 Go to previous message
Carlos Sáenz  is currently offline Carlos Sáenz Friend
Thanks Pica and Peter,

I follower your suggestions and I did it.
Previous Topic:Profile conversion to SysML 1.4
Next Topic:assignment-target in reply messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:35:40 GMT 2024