Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How to include a managed service factory configuration artifact in a plan?
How to include a managed service factory configuration artifact in a plan? [message #1775552] Wed, 01 November 2017 02:46 Go to next message
Matt Magoffin is currently offline Matt MagoffinFriend
Hello, I am using Virgo 3.7.0.RELEASE and trying to include a configuration artifact in a plan, where the configuration is for a managed service factory. The configuration file, "my-factory.properties" includes

service.factoryPid = my-factory.pid

but if I try to include that in a plan like this:

<artifact type="configuration" name="my-factory"/>

the plan fails to deploy with a message how it can't find that artifact. I found I could get it to work using the uri attribute, like this:

<artifact uri="file:///vary/long/path/to/my-factory.properties"/>

but I would prefer to not hard-code the file path here if possible. Is this perhaps a bug in Virgo?
Re: How to include a managed service factory configuration artifact in a plan? [message #1775564 is a reply to message #1775552] Wed, 01 November 2017 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniel marthaler is currently offline daniel marthalerFriend
Hi Matt,

Where do you place the properties file? It must be either in [VIRGO_HOME]/repository/ext, [VIRGO_HOME]/repository/usr or any repository you've added to Virgo by yourself.

Regarding managed service configuration, there is still an open bug [1] which has not yet been solved.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=325735
Re: How to include a managed service factory configuration artifact in a plan? [message #1775581 is a reply to message #1775564] Wed, 01 November 2017 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Magoffin is currently offline Matt MagoffinFriend
Ah, I think this might be from bug 325735. The properties file is in the same directory as the plan, which is in a custom [VIRGO_HOME]/repository/local repository I've configured myself. So if I am reading the last comment on that bug [1] correctly, it seems deploying service factories is not supported from a user-level repository?

I peeked in the generated [VIRGO_HOME]/work/local.index file, which has an entry for the artifact but the name includes the generated service PID it looks like (my-factory-1509501801157-0) and I wondered if that is why the deployer code can't find the artifact:

<artifact uri="file:/home/virgo/repository/local/my-factory.properties" 
		type="configuration" 
		name="my-factory-1509501801157-0" 
		version="0.0.0" 
		filename="my-factory.properties">
	<attribute name="hash" value="49bd0fcb9d94d0c926f7950ab811c8993f77ab97">
	</attribute>
	<attribute name="hash-algorithm" value="sha">
	</attribute>
	<attribute name="type" value="configuration">
	</attribute>
	<attribute name="filename" value="my-factory.properties">
	</attribute>
	<attribute name="name" value="my-factory-1509501801157-0">
	</attribute>
	<attribute name="version" value="0.0.0">
	</attribute>
	<attribute name="service.factoryPid" value="my-factory">
	</attribute>
	<attribute name="uri" value="file:/home/virgo/repository/local/my-factory.properties">
	</attribute>
</artifact>

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=325735#c28
Re: How to include a managed service factory configuration artifact in a plan? [message #1775624 is a reply to message #1775581] Thu, 02 November 2017 10:14 Go to previous message
daniel marthaler is currently offline daniel marthalerFriend
I've now moved the Bug to the 3.8.0.M02 Target Milestone.
Previous Topic:SLF4J distribution changed in 3.7.x
Next Topic:Provider org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.DefaultServerEndpointConfigurator not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:18:28 GMT 2024