Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Stuck on finalizing installation(Issue with Help -> Perform Setup Tasks... -> Launch Paper UI Setup.)
Stuck on finalizing installation [message #1775405] Sun, 29 October 2017 18:06 Go to next message
JPH sProject is currently offline JPH sProjectFriend
I am new to Eclipse Smarthome and got stuck during finalizing the installation. Any ideas what to check and try? Is there further information needed to give hints in this respect?

Your help is very appreciated!

The error message appears:

Apache Maven 3.5.2 (138edd61fd100ec658bfa2d307c43b76940a5d7d; 2017-10-18T09:58:13+02:00)
Maven home: /home/jph/Programme/apache-maven-3.5.2
Java version: 1.8.0_131, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
Default locale: de_DE, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "4.10.0-37-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
[DEBUG] Created new class realm maven.api
[DEBUG] Importing foreign packages into class realm maven.api
[DEBUG] Imported: javax.annotation.* < plexus.core
[DEBUG] Imported: javax.enterprise.inject.* < plexus.core
[...]
[DEBUG] Could not find metadata org.eclipse.smarthome:targetplatform:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml in local (/home/jph/.m2/repository)
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve target platform specification artifact org.eclipse.smarthome:targetplatform:target:smarthome:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve target platform specification artifact org.eclipse.smarthome:targetplatform:target:smarthome:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:122)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:955)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:290)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:194)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:289)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:229)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:415)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve target platform specification artifact org.eclipse.smarthome:targetplatform:target:smarthome:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT
at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTargetPlatformConfigurationReader.addTargetArtifact (DefaultTargetPlatformConfigurationReader.java:389)
at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTargetPlatformConfigurationReader.setTarget (DefaultTargetPlatformConfigurationReader.java:342)
at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTargetPlatformConfigurationReader.getTargetPlatformConfiguration (DefaultTargetPlatformConfigurationReader.java:75)
at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTychoResolver.setupProject (DefaultTychoResolver.java:87)
at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.afterProjectsRead (TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.java:90)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:267)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:194)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:107)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:955)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:290)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:194)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:289)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:229)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:415)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:356)
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] [...]apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/InternalErrorException
Re: Stuck on finalizing installation [message #1775435 is a reply to message #1775405] Mon, 30 October 2017 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
No direct idea, really. Is it reproducible, i.e. did you try it a second time?
Is the workspace already filled or how does your IDE look like when you reach that point?
Re: Stuck on finalizing installation [message #1775455 is a reply to message #1775435] Mon, 30 October 2017 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just figured out that this is a known issue - this automatic Paper UI setup task simply does not work and I have just created https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/4467 to remove it.

In consequence, you will have to run a Maven build ("mvn clean install") from the root of your repo once, in order to generate all parts that are required by the Paper UI and Basic UI. Afterwards, all should work nicely in your IDE.
Re: Stuck on finalizing installation [message #1775486 is a reply to message #1775455] Mon, 30 October 2017 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Kai Kreuzer: Thank you very much for your quick response!
I skipped that step.

Now I am bumping into another issue - I did several attempts using the Oomph Eclipse installer. Maybe I just misconfigure it at start already (I tried both the 32bit and the 64bit variant, where Eclipse would only run on the 64bit version):
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JPHsProjects/hello-world/master/Oomph%20Installer%20Screenshot.png

The short log of
mvn -e clean install > log_little_verbose.txt
is:
https://github.com/JPHsProjects/hello-world/blob/master/log_little_verbose.txt

The very verbose log of
mvn -e -Dtycho.debug.resolver=true -X clean install > log_very_verbose.txt
is:
https://github.com/JPHsProjects/hello-world/blob/master/log_very_verbose.txt.zip

Just in case someone can help me out here as well... thank you very much in advance!
Re: Stuck on finalizing installation [message #1775493 is a reply to message #1775486] Mon, 30 October 2017 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weird error message, I have never seen this and it does not tell me anything :-/
Before diving deeper into it: Are you sure that you at all want the ESH IDE (which you only really need if you plan to do code changes in ESH itself? Otherwise (e.g. if you only want to work on extensions), you might want to consider the openHAB 2 IDE (see http://docs.openhab.org/developers/development/ide.html), which is much simpler as it does not require any code generation steps.
Re: Stuck on finalizing installation [message #1775519 is a reply to message #1775493] Tue, 31 October 2017 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Kai Kreuzer: You saved my day - thank you very much!

Indeed, as I would like to create a customized binding for OpenHAB2, I probably only need the openHAB2 IDE. My wrong assumption was that the ESH is a prerequisite for doing this.

I just installed the openHAB2 IDE and went through the installation process without issues. The local openHAB2 server is running, so I can try changing things now ...

Again, thank you very much for your help!
Re: Stuck on finalizing installation [message #1775542 is a reply to message #1775519] Tue, 31 October 2017 18:22 Go to previous message
Glad I could help!
Previous Topic:HTTP ERROR 404
Next Topic:How to read / save Binding config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:59:58 GMT 2024