Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Rowspan with Nebula Grid
Rowspan with Nebula Grid [message #1775401] Sun, 29 October 2017 14:37 Go to next message
erwan drezen is currently offline erwan drezenFriend
Hello,

I have an RCP application with a Nebula Grid using GridItem.setRowSpan, which works nicely.

Now, I want to use my application as a RAP; unfortunately, it seems that the rowspan management is not implemented. I found in the source code of GridItem a comment with 'getRowSpan', which suggests that the feature was planned but not finalized.

What is actually the issue to have this row span management available in RAP with the Nebula Grid ? I badly need this feature so I could spend some time to implement it if you could provide to me some hints how to achieve this (if it is technically possible).

Thank you,
Erwan
Re: Rowspan with Nebula Grid [message #1775457 is a reply to message #1775401] Mon, 30 October 2017 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,
RAP is using a common JS implementation of the Grid/Tree/Table widgets. That's the most complicated widget in RAP widget toolkit. Supporting row span needs a lot of work as it will interfere with "virtual" Tree/Table, scrolling and other functionality.
If you really need this feature, please consider our developer support services [1].

[1] https://eclipsesource.com/services/developer-support/
Regards,
Ivan
Re: Rowspan with Nebula Grid [message #1775649 is a reply to message #1775457] Thu, 02 November 2017 15:35 Go to previous message
erwan drezen is currently offline erwan drezenFriend
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, I had a look to the code and it does not seem straightforward to get a full-fledged implementation of the row span feature.

In a few words, my use case is to have an alternative representation of a tree in a "grid way" where each column represents one level of the hierarchy. It means for instance that I just need the row span feature and not the column span feature. After a few hours (I'm not a great expert in javascript), I managed to implement something close to my needs (see as attachment a simple java sample and the related output). My modifications are quite ugly I guess and most likely buggy; I will try to make some clean up in my code. If you are interested by these modifications (or at least the general idea), I can send you an archive of the modified files.

My next step is to make my RCP application run in a RAP context with 1) a Nebula grid with this row span feature and 2) a Nebula Gantt chart. One line of the grid is connected to one line of the Gantt chart. It works pretty will in the RCP context, now I hope that everything will work in the RAP world ! (I found a post talking about the possibility to use Nebula Gantt charts in RAP).

And by the way, many thanks for the great job about RAP ! I find it quite amazing to code once and get both RCP/RAP benefits !

Regards,
Erwan
Previous Topic:checkbox into table header
Next Topic:Integrate Nebula Grid in RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:45:22 GMT 2024