Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How/when are tasks triggered, enabled and executed?
How/when are tasks triggered, enabled and executed? [message #1775341] Fri, 27 October 2017 21:00 Go to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
When I do "Help > Perform Setup Tasks..." (i.e. manual), I see a list of tasks to perform, which includes the "Manual Tasks" but doesn't include all of the tasks in my setup. When I select "Show all triggered tasks" I see the full list, but most are greyed out and if I select any of those greyed out tasks, they do not get executed, even if in the source setup model the task includes "MANUAL" in its list of Triggers (and it has Disabled==false). For example, in the simple model attached, the Working Sets task is one of those. If I explicitly selected, it does not get executed, even if the setup model is updated, or I restart. So why are those greyed out? When do they get enabled and executed? And how can I execute one of those tasks?

Thanks
Re: How/when are tasks triggered, enabled and executed? [message #1775356 is a reply to message #1775341] Sat, 28 October 2017 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Each task as a hand-written isNeeded method that ensures, as the name suggests, that the task is only performed only if it is needed. If there is some issue with the working sets task not performing, you can use Window -> Preferences -> Oomph -> Dynamic Working Sets... and use Edit... to delete all the children of the root, save that, and then the task should perform. Generally is the isNeeded test for the working sets checks whether all the working sets in this preference are structurally equal to the ones in the task to be performed, so if you change the structure/definition in the task, those changes should be needed...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How/when are tasks triggered, enabled and executed? [SOLVED] [message #1775464 is a reply to message #1775356] Mon, 30 October 2017 14:01 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Thanks! It turns out that I had a bug in my model, namely the Name predicate for a working set. But it's good to know about editing the Dynamic Working Sets on the Oomph Preferences page to trigger the task.
Previous Topic:Installer fails
Next Topic: Eclipse IDE for Java Developers - Installation failed with an error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:07:17 GMT 2024