Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cant create New Java Project(File, New only gives me option of JPA project, not Java project)
Cant create New Java Project [message #1775219] Thu, 26 October 2017 12:23 Go to next message
IRene Reid is currently offline IRene ReidFriend
I just installed Eclipse for the first time, and am now trying to follow some tutorials.

The very first instruction is to use File,New,Java Project from the Welcome page to get started. However my Eclipse doesn't give me that option. Under File, New, I only see JPA Project, not JAVA Project

Also the toolbar on the left of the welcome page has only 2 icons on it , Restore and JAVA EE. I can see from my colleagues version that it has 4 icons, including Debug and Java

So something is missing I think. Can anyone help
Re: Cant create New Java Project [message #1775229 is a reply to message #1775219] Thu, 26 October 2017 14:36 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Generally you close the welcome page (after reading if there is anything interesting or useful) and work with the other views. I would google "eclipse java tutorial" and follow the details in one of those to get started.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:where to post questions about the javacomm api
Next Topic:Having a problem trying to start eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:08:26 GMT 2024