Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Epsilon - EOL](Iterate over a resource without resolve the proxies)
[Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775218] Thu, 26 October 2017 12:18 Go to next message
Antonio Garmendia is currently offline Antonio GarmendiaFriend
Hi,

I'm currently trying to iterate over a resource, but I just want to iterate over the direct objects, without resolving proxies. The thing is that I'm trying to do it using:

var emfTool : new Native("org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.tools.EmfTool");
var ecoreUtil = emfTool.ecoreUtil;
var contents = ecoreUtil.getAllContents(Model.resource, false);

The variable contents is empty, but the resource has objects and I can iterate over those objects using for example:

for (element in Subsystem.all.asSet()) {
	element.println();				
}

I do not know what I'm doing wrong. Is there any way of doing this?
Any help will be appreciated.

Epsilon 1.4.

Cheers,
Antonio
Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775254 is a reply to message #1775218] Thu, 26 October 2017 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Antonio,

The code you have seems OK, but I think unchecking the "include external references" box in the EMF Model options should serve the same purpose, and you should be able to still do "X.all" as normal.

Could you try that out and let us know how it works for you?

Thanks!
Antonio

[Updated on: Thu, 26 October 2017 21:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775515 is a reply to message #1775254] Tue, 31 October 2017 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the reply!

I am executing EOL via standalone, but I have made a minimal example. I want to iterate only the objects inside the main resource, but I want that if any constraint has 'X.all', then eol resolve the proxies.

In the minimal example that I attached
var contents = ecoreUtil.getAllContents(HControl1.resource, false);
, contents is empty, because of this I suppose that eol is not compatible with TreeIterator, is that true?

Temporary solution:

I create a Java Method giving as a parameters Model.Resource and the name of the class. Basically the method, return a List<EObject> after having iterated all the objects of the model.

Cheers,
Antonio

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 09:22]

Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775524 is a reply to message #1775515] Tue, 31 October 2017 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Unfortunately, I cannot run this example:

Internal error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not locate a metamodel with the URI 'http://mondo.org/WT'. Please ensure that this metamodel has been registered with Epsilon.

Could you provide the matching metamodel?

I don't think Epsilon is incompatible with TreeIterator: we use it in some of our own code. There may be something else going on, but I need to get a minimal working example first ;-).
Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775526 is a reply to message #1775524] Tue, 31 October 2017 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

In the folder sample you have the metamodel (WT_DesignPatterns.ecore), to run the example I think that you should register it, right?

Cheers,
Antonio
Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775546 is a reply to message #1775526] Tue, 31 October 2017 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ah, didn't see it before I had to run off to a school meeting :-S.

The problem is that getAllContents(...) returns a TreeIterator, which (confusingly) is also a BasicEList of iterators :-). I believe Epsilon tries to treat it as a collection (as it is a BasicEList after all), rather than as a TreeIterator. This code works fine:

var emfTool : new Native("org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.tools.EmfTool");
var ecoreUtil = emfTool.ecoreUtil;

var contents = ecoreUtil.getAllContents(HControl1.resource, false);
while (contents.hasNext()) {
  contents.next().println();
}

It produces this output:

Subsystem [name=HControl1, ]
Subsystem [name=HControl2, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H2Control1, ]
StateMachine [name=null, isPublic=true]
InitialState [name=null, description=null, ]
SimpleState [name=null, description=null, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H2Control2, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H2Control3, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H2Control4, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H2Control5, ]
StateMachine [name=a, isPublic=true]
InitialState [name=null, description=null, ]
SimpleState [name=null, description=null, ]
Architecture [name=H1Arquitecture, ]
Component [label=null]
ControlSubsystem [name=HControlDefinition, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H2, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H3, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=H4, ]
ControlSubsystem [name=new_file, ]

Is that the behaviour you wanted?

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 21:11]

Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775627 is a reply to message #1775546] Thu, 02 November 2017 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

That's not the behaviour I wanted. In EMF the use of getAllContents(resource, false); returns an iterator with only the objects within the resource (the other objects are proxies). In this way, it can be iterated only the objects within the resource and if it is necessary resolve the proxies. Can you think a way of doing this in EOL?

I think that EOL resolve the proxies automatically. If there is no way of doing the behaviour I wanted in EOL, I will keep the temporary solution, that I mentioned above.

Thanks you for your help! :-)

Cheers,
Antonio
Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775637 is a reply to message #1775627] Thu, 02 November 2017 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Antonio,

This is interesting - apparently, during loading Epsilon inadvertently resolves the proxies even though it is not meant to do so. I will file this as a bug on follow up on it with Dimitris - sounds like our use of eAdapters to track containment change might be a problem.

Kind regards,
Antonio
Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775642 is a reply to message #1775637] Thu, 02 November 2017 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have filed the bug here, and pushed a first fix. If Hudson is happy with it, you should be able to upgrade to the latest interim with the fix in an hour or so:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=526767
Re: [Epsilon - EOL] [message #1775645 is a reply to message #1775642] Thu, 02 November 2017 14:42 Go to previous message
Thanks! I will test it.

Kind Regards,
Antonio
Previous Topic:ETL - Reuse trace model from one phase as source model in another phase
Next Topic:How to determine stereotype of class in EGL?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:33:52 GMT 2024