Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Targlet's Source Locator
Targlet's Source Locator [message #1775177] Wed, 25 October 2017 19:43 Go to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Hi. I'm creating a simple Oomph setup model but I'm not sure I understand the behaviour of the Targlet's Source Locator. In the forum I found this from message 1405156:

Ed Merks wrote on Thu, 18 September 2014 05:18
If source is available,
it's put in the workspace, if a binary is available, it's put in the TP
(and if both are available, they show up in both places).

However that doesn't seem to be the behaviour that I'm seeing. See the attached example. I have a single Targlet that includes com.google.guava and com.google.guava.source available from Orbit, and org.eclipse.xtend.core.source available from the Neon releases update site (and the Eclipse TP is Neon). When testing the model I see all in the target platform, but neither Guava's source nor Xtend's core source are imported into the workspace.

I even added a Source locator pointing to my ~/.p2/pool/plugins folder which certainly has those sources, but there was no change.

What am I missing? Why is this not working?

Thanks
Re: Targlet's Source Locator [message #1775200 is a reply to message #1775177] Thu, 26 October 2017 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
A source locator should point at a file system folder that contains actual source projects (typically the location of your Git clone). It does not make sense to point it at a folder containing p2 artifacts. Those should be referenced by a URL in a repository in a repository list of the targlet task. So by source I really mean actual projects (typically with .project files in them), not *.source IUs. If a targlet specifies Include Sources then the *.source for each IU that has one will be included in the binary TP so that it's available for debugging and could be imported into the workspace as a source project, but that's not done automatically by Oomph.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Targlet's Source Locator [message #1775239 is a reply to message #1775200] Thu, 26 October 2017 15:48 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Oh! I see. It wasn't clear to me that "source" referred to actual projects, rather than any .source bundle. It's clear now.

Thanks
Previous Topic:API Baseline and and Targets in Project setup
Next Topic:Installer fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:50:53 GMT 2024