Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Resizing the task editor window does not resize "New comment" subwindow in Oxygen
Resizing the task editor window does not resize "New comment" subwindow in Oxygen [message #1775055] Tue, 24 October 2017 09:02 Go to next message
Stephan Muehlstrasser is currently offline Stephan MuehlstrasserFriend
I could not find a Bugzilla entry or forum discussion on this topic, so I'm opening a new topic here:

When viewing/editing a Bugzilla task in Eclipse Oxygen, the elements inside the editor "New Comment" window are no longer resized with the editor window. If you make the window more narrow after opening it, you get a scrollbar at the bottom of the task editor. If I recall it correctly, this behavior is new for Eclipse Oxygen.

Is this intentional or is this a bug? I personally find this very annoying, because typing long lines in the "New Comment" window results in getting into an invisible area until the end of the "New Comment" box is reached (see screenshot).

index.php/fa/31114/0/
Re: Resizing the task editor window does not resize "New comment" subwindow in Oxygen [message #1775169 is a reply to message #1775055] Wed, 25 October 2017 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaxsun McCarthy Huggan is currently offline Jaxsun McCarthy HugganFriend
Hello Stephan,

This looks like a bug, could you report this in our Bugzilla, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/.

Thanks,
-Jaxsun
Re: Resizing the task editor window does not resize "New comment" subwindow in Oxygen [message #1775170 is a reply to message #1775169] Wed, 25 October 2017 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaxsun McCarthy Huggan is currently offline Jaxsun McCarthy HugganFriend
Also it would be nice if you could determine if there is a minimum window width under which it stops scaling the new comment box.
Re: Resizing the task editor window does not resize "New comment" subwindow in Oxygen [message #1775300 is a reply to message #1775169] Fri, 27 October 2017 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaxsun McCarthy Huggan wrote on Wed, 25 October 2017 12:51
Hello Stephan,

This looks like a bug, could you report this in our Bugzilla, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/.

Thanks,
-Jaxsun

I submitted bug 526559.
Re: Resizing the task editor window does not resize "New comment" subwindow in Oxygen [message #1775301 is a reply to message #1775170] Fri, 27 October 2017 11:38 Go to previous message
Jaxsun McCarthy Huggan wrote on Wed, 25 October 2017 12:52
Also it would be nice if you could determine if there is a minimum window width under which it stops scaling the new comment box.

There is no scaling at all for the "New Comment" box when the task editor is narrowed. The scroll bar appears immediately.
Previous Topic:Error creating task repository
Next Topic:How can I limit the context to not descend further than class level?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:29:01 GMT 2024