Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Unable to open file on WindowBuilder(Error message)
Unable to open file on WindowBuilder [message #1774937] Sat, 21 October 2017 21:03 Go to next message
Duarte Moreira is currently offline Duarte MoreiraFriend
Hi, I want to open a file on WindowBuilder yet this error message appears:

Plug-in org.eclipse.wb.core.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DesignerEditor.

What does it mean and what needs to be done?

I am following instructions from Learn Java The Easy Way. I reviewed what I typed a few times but I have been unable to find the reasons why the file cannot be opened.

I have confirmed that WindowBuilder is installed. What am I missing.

Thank you,

Duarte
Re: Unable to open file on WindowBuilder [message #1775265 is a reply to message #1774937] Fri, 27 October 2017 05:06 Go to previous message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
I couldn't find details in your post of what Eclipse version you are using and what Java version you are using.
I tried Java 9 with Eclipse Oxygen 1a and got the same error. The problem is that the format of the java version in the System properties changed in Java 9 and the code that Window Builder uses to parse the Java version did not change.
Hence Window Builder fails to discover the Java version and crashes.
I fixed the problem by going back to Java 8.
I don't know "Learn Java The Easy Way" but I guess that means you are just starting in Java. In my opinion you can safely learn with Java 8 instead of Java 9.
Hopefully the maintainers of Window Builder will resolve the current problem that prevents using it with Java 9.

Good Luck,
Avi.
Previous Topic:problem with creating a new visual classes
Next Topic:WindowBuilder Eclipse Preferences Swing Look&Feel Default Crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:45:22 GMT 2024