Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » assign shortcut of modifier keys only (double ctrl)(Is it possible to assign a double ctrl shortcut to my command? )
assign shortcut of modifier keys only (double ctrl) [message #1774742] Thu, 19 October 2017 09:06
Shai A is currently offline Shai AFriend
Hi
I can successfully assign key shortcuts to my command (e.g. CTRL+7) and it works fine. However, I would like to assign a double ctrl shortcut (i.e. activate my command when pressing the ctrl key twice).
Is this at all possible?
I can't even do that with Eclipse's key shortcuts menu. There's also this line in Eclipse's help (https://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Faccessibility%2Fkeyboardshortcuts.htm):
"A 'key stroke' is the pressing of a key on the keyboard, while optionally holding down one or more of these modifier keys: Ctrl, Alt (Option on the Macintosh), Shift, or Command (only on the Macintosh.) For example, holding down Ctrl then pressing A produces the key stroke Ctrl+A. The pressing of the modifier keys themselves do not constitute key strokes."

Any help is appreciated.
Shai
Previous Topic:assign shortcut of modifier keys only (double ctrl)
Next Topic:org.eclipse.ui.actions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:54:37 GMT 2024