Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Combine two projects in one model(How to add reference to instance of the object from another project?)
Combine two projects in one model [message #1774656] Wed, 18 October 2017 11:13 Go to next message
Nikolay Suschenko is currently offline Nikolay SuschenkoFriend
Hi All,

I created two EMF metamodels "a.ecore" and "b.ecore" and combine them using "Load resource" -> "a.ecore" to "b.ecore". Then I created class "MyClassA" in model "a.ecore" and classes "MyClassB" and "SubB" in model "b.ecore". Class "MyClassB" have containment references to classes "MyClassA" and "SubB". At the same time, class "MyClassA" hane non-containment reference to class "SubB". Here is my EMF metamodels:

index.php/fa/31031/0/

After, I created "test.model" in exceed with "MyClassB" as root and instances of "SubB" and "MyClassA" as children. Here is my model:

index.php/fa/31032/0/

When I try to insert in reference field of class "MyClassA" instance of class "SubB" nothing happens. Model just don't see "SubB" when I do this:

index.php/fa/31033/0/

How to insert instance of the "SubB" in "MyClassA"?
Re: Combine two projects in one model [message #1774818 is a reply to message #1774656] Thu, 19 October 2017 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Nikolay,

One general point, this is Epsilon forum, maybe it is better you ask your question in EMF forum?

I am not sure, but the following can be the case. Since your subB instance is in a containment reference, you may not be allowed refer to it. BUT, this should not be the case.

Also, the picture for selection does not look like as if it is from a non-containment reference. Usually, you set such a reference using the Properties view.
Re: Combine two projects in one model [message #1775018 is a reply to message #1774818] Mon, 23 October 2017 14:04 Go to previous message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hello Nikolay,

I agree with Burga that it seems a containment problem. But without the complete meta model (i.e. to see the containment properties) its hard to tell.

Also agree with Burga, that this is purely an EMF problem and someone in that forum might help you faster.

Cheers,

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Previous Topic:Epsilon Profiling Tools
Next Topic:EOL stansalone problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:02:11 GMT 2024