Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Target Platform applied every startup(Target Platform applied every startup)
Target Platform applied every startup [message #1774543] Tue, 17 October 2017 02:21 Go to next message
Chris Lake is currently offline Chris LakeFriend
We use and apply a custom Target Platform using pde:TargetPlatformTask and it works well.

The only slight annoyance is that it applies itself at every startup. It's not something that changes often so it seems pointless (as in the devs have been whinging at me!).

I thought I could restrict the triggers, but I'm only allowed "MANUAL" which mean it won't get applied on initial setup.

I had a look through the code and I think I can see why it occurs:

public boolean isNeeded(SetupTaskContext context) throws Exception {
    if (targetDefinition == null || !targetDefinition.isResolved() || !isActivate() || activeTargetDefinition == null
        || !targetDefinition.getHandle().equals(activeTargetDefinition.getHandle()))
  }

Watching the startup, the target always seems to initially be "unsresolved", but it does get resolved before the setup tasks run.
index.php/fa/31014/0/
index.php/fa/31015/0/

So is that check worthwhile? It seems that any target platform will always be needed unless perhaps the check is performed later on.

Chris
Re: Target Platform applied every startup [message #1774550 is a reply to message #1774543] Tue, 17 October 2017 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I've been following this Bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=522662 which seems to suggest that for some reason the TP isn't considered resolved on startup even though it seems to have been resolved before shutdown. This appears to be purely a PDE issue, which of course would affect Oomph's task implementation because it checks there the TP is resolved. If it were resolve and the definition didn't change, the task shouldn't perform... So I suspect there is a PDE regression involved and am monitoring the Bugzilla to see how where that ends up...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Target Platform applied every startup [message #1774620 is a reply to message #1774550] Tue, 17 October 2017 22:52 Go to previous message
Chris Lake is currently offline Chris LakeFriend
Thanks Ed,

I noted it down to keep an eye on it too.
Previous Topic:Oomph Setup SDK Documentation Incomplete
Next Topic:How to install locally Eclipse Oomph?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:03:58 GMT 2024