Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » import existing project from remote server and sync it later on(Replicate PHPStorm feature in eclipse, importing existing file as project, modifying them on local folder and sync them (upload) them back to server)
import existing project from remote server and sync it later on [message #1774541] Mon, 16 October 2017 23:31 Go to next message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
Hello,

I used PHPStorm few times and i was wondering how to replicate a simple (but so important) task in Eclipse.

1. i have existing files and folders on my remote server
2. i would like to create a new project and import those files and folders (from remote server) to my local disk (as local project)
3. next i would like to modify local files
4. upload or sync only modified files to remote server

I tried to create a blank PHP or WEB project and to import remote files using RSE plugin.
A. in this case import does not import files/folder into my local project.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2luxphw.jpg

as you can see in project explorer, there is not index.html or robots.txt file... only empty files from scratch PHP project.

A. So what did i do wrong ?
B. how to exclude folder or files from project explorer side to by sync with remote server (to avoid hidden files or anything from eclipse to be sync to remote server) ?

thx

[Updated on: Tue, 17 October 2017 00:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: import existing project from remote server and sync it later on [message #1774547 is a reply to message #1774541] Tue, 17 October 2017 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
I recommend that you try the new Synchronized PHP Projects feature that was introduced with Oxygen.1 (the latest official release on the Eclipse download site from September 2017).

Synchronized projects does a better job with file synching. It's faster and with conflict detection if the same remote project is used by several users. It also supports exclusion filters.

You can import your remote project as a synchronized project using the File > New > Projects > Synchronized PHP Project. Note that there is another generic wizard with name "Synchronized Project". Make sure you use the one with "PHP" in its name.

You can find documentation on synchronized projects here: https://help.eclipse.org/oxygen/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ptp.doc.user%2Fhtml%2Fsync.html

This documentation is about C/C++ synchronized project, but most of it is valid for PHP too. We've just adapted the same feature for PHP.
Re: import existing project from remote server and sync it later on [message #1774618 is a reply to message #1774547] Tue, 17 October 2017 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to install "Remote" or " synchronized project" plugin but i was not able to find to which project it is linked :( Could you tel me please what is the eclipse project attached to it ? Git is another plugin that i already have but does not display such features
Re: import existing project from remote server and sync it later on [message #1774625 is a reply to message #1774618] Wed, 18 October 2017 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaloyan Raev is currently offline Kaloyan RaevFriend
Download the latest (Oxygen.1) version of the Eclipse for PHP Developers package. The Synchronized PHP Projects is included in this package.
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-php-developers/oxygen1a
Re: import existing project from remote server and sync it later on [message #1774627 is a reply to message #1774625] Wed, 18 October 2017 06:53 Go to previous message
The issue is that i have NEON 3 (v4.6.3) installed. When i'm checking Oxygen, is based on Eclipse 4.7.1 framework, so i wonder why Eclipse framework does not update itself if there is new update.
I will update Eclipse framework.

Thx for the info
Previous Topic:Content Assist Auto-Completion without HTML-Tag
Next Topic:Uses inside Comment are threat as unused
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:25:34 GMT 2024