Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Papyrus for Real Time » code generation time(slow code generation? not sure if slow or something wrong with my model.)
code generation time [message #1774470] Mon, 16 October 2017 04:29 Go to next message
reza ahmadi is currently offline reza ahmadiFriend
Hi,

I generate a capsule with its state machine that has ~ 200 states and a same number of transitions. Is it normal if it takes around 60 seconds for the code generation to generate code for this capsule? I generate code for the capsule as a top.

For another capsule with around 2,000 states and 2,000 transitions, it took for the code generator around 1 hour to generate code (for the capsule as top). As can be seen code generation time did not grow linear.

Is it normal? Can it be something wrong with my state machine/state machine generation? Is it because a state machine with this number of states/transitions is not normal?

Thanks!
Re: code generation time [message #1774499 is a reply to message #1774470] Mon, 16 October 2017 14:00 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
I'm not sure if it's normal. For 1.0 generation performance was not one of the priority requirements so is is possible that generation is not efficient.

Can you share a copy of your model so that I can do some profiling?

Also, can you provide the specs of the environment where you are running the generation? And how long does the generated code take to compile?

Thanks
Previous Topic:Problem finishing the PingPong tutorial
Next Topic:treating time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:51:05 GMT 2024