Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » msp430gcc on Eclipse with mspdebug(telosb, msp430, me-debug)
msp430gcc on Eclipse with mspdebug [message #1774438] Sat, 14 October 2017 12:51
Yong Kim is currently offline Yong KimFriend
I am currently trying to program the mote, and I have been successful with uploading codes using TinyOS. However, as TinyOs is based on using nesc which I am not familiar with I want to use eclipse that allows me to write in C.

I have followed the procedure on this link:

When I tried to build I get an error message saying:

Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
make: *** [main.o] Error 4

Then I upload to target , I get an error message saying

Args: [/opt/local/msp430-toolchain-mac_os_x-x86_64-2.2/bin/mspdebug-wrapper, rf2500, prog /Users/YKKIM/eclipse-workspace/WALDO/Debug/WALDO.elf]
Waiting for mspdebug to finish
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.6.2.dylib
Referenced from: /opt/local/msp430-toolchain-mac_os_x-x86_64-2.2/bin/mspdebug
Reason: image not found
/opt/local/msp430-toolchain-mac_os_x-x86_64-2.2/bin/mspdebug-wrapper: line 7: 27321 Abort trap: 6 `dirname $0`/mspdebug "$@"

I did some googling which told me to update bash and so on which I have done but still getting the same error.I have posted these error messaged to gcc.gnu.org which I had a reply of

"We don't support binary builds. Please ask the site where you downloaded the binaries from.

>dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.6.2.dylib

The error message is clear what the problem is though, the binaries are dependent on a library which is not installed on your system. You have to ask the site where you can download the required library binaries from since we don't know the exact binaries which can be used here."

It will be greatly appreciated, if you can help me to fix this issue!

Thank you so much in advance.

Kind regards

Yong Kim

Previous Topic:What are the advantages of C++?
Next Topic:Libraries for Arduino plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:48:05 GMT 2024