Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Automatic line-breaking in HTML-Content(Can not build a table with multiple columns side by side with automatic linebreaking by HTML-Commands)
Automatic line-breaking in HTML-Content [message #1774377] Fri, 13 October 2017 13:00
Wolfgang Saxinger is currently offline Wolfgang SaxingerFriend
I am using BIRT 4.5 on an PC with Windows 7.

My initial situation looks like this:
I want to build a table with more than one column, i.e. with 3 columns, as content for a single dynamic-text-field with content-type HTML. And it is very important, that i use only one dynamic-text-field for this table and not a table or list of BIRT. Each column of the table has fixed width and contains text. The text may be very long including blanks, so i want the columns of the table to handle the linebreaks. BIRT does not support the HTML-tags "table", "tr" and "td", so i use the HTML-tag "span". This tag is an inline-level element that does not break the lines by itself. When using the tag "div", the lines are broken in the way i want, but each column is printed on a separat line instead of side by side.

The content with the tag "span" looks like this:
<span style='width:103mm' >TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1</span><span style='width:23mm' >TEST2</span><span style='width:49mm' >TEST3</span>

The content with the tag "div" looks like this:
<div style='width:103mm' >TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1 TEST1</div><div style='width:23mm' >TEST2</div><div style='width:49mm' >TEST3</div>

I tried using the css-property "word-wrap" within the style-command. But it doesn't work, i think, because it is an css3-property and birt does not support css3.

Exists another solution for my problem?

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic:DataExtraction performance
Next Topic:Drawing graphics (Bar)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:49:52 GMT 2024