Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » copyright in .ecore and .xmi files(copyrigth in .ecore and .xmi files)
copyright in .ecore and .xmi files [message #1774102] Tue, 10 October 2017 15:54 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Hi,
I am about to open source a large ecore model (using EPL v2), and some sample model data in XMI files.
I can get the copyright message into the generated java files quite easily.
It would seem to make sense to have a copyright notice in the .ecore and .xmi files also, do other people do that?
I tried adding a copyright to the top of these files by adding at the first line:
<!-- copyright etc -->
but then I couldn't open those files with the relevant editors (ecore editor and sample reflective ecore model editor).
If it is not possible I guess I could put a '.about' file in the same directory, but this doesn't seem as precise as putting the copyright in the file itself, especially as EPL v2 has a bit more of a focus on 'files' as opposed to 'modules'
Any Suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
Neil
Re: copyright in .ecore and .xmi files [message #1774174 is a reply to message #1774102] Wed, 11 October 2017 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel Vlasov is currently offline Pavel VlasovFriend
I would suggest adding a documentation annotation
containing a copyright notice to the model's root element.
Re: copyright in .ecore and .xmi files [message #1774290 is a reply to message #1774174] Thu, 12 October 2017 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Few tools allow a comment in front of the "<xml". It may not even be legal.

Put the copyright comment on line 2.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: copyright in .ecore and .xmi files [message #1774306 is a reply to message #1774290] Thu, 12 October 2017 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
An EAnnotation is something you'll really see in editor, and XML comment will disappear when you edit, so the annotation approach seems better.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: copyright in .ecore and .xmi files [message #1774308 is a reply to message #1774306] Thu, 12 October 2017 14:31 Go to previous message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Thanks for you advice,
I will put the copyright in an annotation.
Regards,
Neil
Previous Topic:How to install EMF into Eclipse Oxygen
Next Topic:MappingSet Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:42:56 GMT 2024