Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » sysml palette associations(Palette is missing Directed composition; composition; aggregation; directed aggregation and other Associations)
sysml palette associations [message #1774097] Tue, 10 October 2017 14:16 Go to next message
James Co is currently offline James CoFriend
Palette is missing Directed composition; composition; aggregation; directed aggregation and other Associations. How do I get these installed with SYSML 1.4?
Instead I have General Annotations; Blocks and Ports & Flow

I used to see these in the previous version of Papyrus but they are now missing for some reason. Perhaps there is a simple way to extend the palette?
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1774157 is a reply to message #1774097] Wed, 11 October 2017 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
In BDD you may find the associations in the Blocks Group.

First versions of the palettes were automatically generated (a combination of all possibilities) and a lot of people complained that palette were too big.
So palettes were changed to stick to the norm. Each group have a tool-tip that indicates the chapter of the norm it represents.
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1774580 is a reply to message #1774157] Tue, 17 October 2017 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe that the problem is that a style sheet is missing which is associated with the sysml plugin in my installation. It is defined in those installations which do include the palette options as follows:
platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.diagram.css/theme/sysml.css
It is not easy to install this css through the preferences or the palette customization. What is the best way to proceed?
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1774637 is a reply to message #1774580] Wed, 18 October 2017 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
There is no relation between css and palette.

And platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml.diagram.css/theme/sysml.css is only in SysML 1.1 and not SysML 1.4.

Your best way is to get the latest stable oxygen version and install stable SysML 1.4
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1774986 is a reply to message #1774637] Mon, 23 October 2017 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have downloaded and installed the latest oxygen version and then sysml 1.4 on several occasions which has automatically provided the correct palette sometimes and not others. Perhaps it is associated with the inclusion or otherwise of the 1.1 version that still included the extended palette by default. How do you get the extended palette without installing again? Perhaps with a template from an old install.
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1777145 is a reply to message #1774097] Fri, 24 November 2017 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ted Speers is currently offline Ted SpeersFriend
was this answered?

mindblowing that composition associations are missing ... they are the first associations anyone is likely to use

I will search elsewhere in the forum
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1777148 is a reply to message #1774097] Sat, 25 November 2017 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have the most recent downloads ...

I went to 'palette customization' and by all appearances the composition and aggregation associations should be on the palette as i'm only offered an opportunity to hide them
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 23.44KB, Downloaded 181 times)
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1777171 is a reply to message #1774097] Sat, 25 November 2017 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
figured it out ... not obvious ... especially on a small dusty screen ... it is sub-selection on the palette ... under Association (directed)
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 11.81KB, Downloaded 183 times)
Re: sysml palette associations [message #1779540 is a reply to message #1777171] Tue, 09 January 2018 12:40 Go to previous message
Thanks for checking but I think there is a bug or a feature that seems to cause only one of the associations to be viewable at the same time. So when you go to customize palette and hide/unhide in palette preview you have to hide all the other types to get (for example) "composite association (directed)" to show in the main palette which btw is a change in name from the previous version ("DirectedComposition"). Perhaps, this is caused by not allowing a sub-class of palette items as all the rest of the options are under the main list SYSML1.4 Block Definition Diagram not the sub-class of "Associations". Please fix this as a user would naturally have more than one type of Association on their diagram.

This was not easy to figure out!
Previous Topic:Java Code to UML Class Diagram
Next Topic:Apply a stereotype on a diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:16:00 GMT 2024