Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Analog for beaglebone black(How to create function block diagram for the Analog Input (Beaglebone Black))
Analog for beaglebone black [message #1773824] Thu, 05 October 2017 07:04 Go to next message
firdaus Affandi is currently offline firdaus AffandiFriend
Hallo everybody,

I started working with the 4DIAC Framework and the FORTE Module a few weeks ago and it worked out very well so far using Beaglebone Black.

Now my problem:
I want to create Function Block Diagram for Analog input for the Beaglebone Black. Does anybody know how to create the analog input or sample for me to follow??

Thank you in advance.
Re: Analog for beaglebone black [message #1773846 is a reply to message #1773824] Thu, 05 October 2017 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

In the samples you can find boiler example. In the latest version there is an IW block which is in charge of reading the analogue value and a Basic_AI block performing some data translation and shaping. I think this could be a starting point.

May I ask what analog input source you have? AFAIK the BBB does not directly have an analogue input.
Re: Analog for beaglebone black [message #1773888 is a reply to message #1773846] Fri, 06 October 2017 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have already used the IW block and the Basic_AI block before.. The results are still negative. I dont know any other than those two blocks that available for the analog input. if there is any, please do share with me.

The analog input source is voltage. AFAIC, BBB needs to get analog input from outside and has no direct analog input in the BBB itself. So that's why i give some voltages to the Analog Input.

Here i attached the proves from my project for the analog input function block diagram and the BBB analog input..

https://pasteboard.co/GNDGRrW.png

Thank you in advance.

Re: Analog for beaglebone black [message #1773895 is a reply to message #1773888] Fri, 06 October 2017 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

have you added the Basic_AI block to your FORTE?

In order to support the IW block on the BBB you have to write some code which will address your hardware and provide the values for the IW block. Per default FORTE does not support the IW block on the BBB.
Re: Analog for beaglebone black [message #1774715 is a reply to message #1773895] Thu, 19 October 2017 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello Alois Zoit

i already add Basic_AI in my forte. its can see in the 4diac when i do the monitor system. but in my case,i still can not figure it out how to do with the IW block for BB..how to do the code for the IW block..any guideline for it..or u have the example for me that i can follow..
Re: Analog for beaglebone black [message #1774732 is a reply to message #1774715] Thu, 19 October 2017 07:36 Go to previous message

Hi,

unfortunately we don't have much documentation on the io infrastructure. But you can have a look at the odrioid module there you can see how we extended the sysfs io support with analog inputs.
Previous Topic:4DIAC-IDE for Raspbian
Next Topic:Compilation/fpermissive error in DEV_MGR.cpp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:22:05 GMT 2024