Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unable to use the CDTC/C++ Search(I get no results returned for a search of an existing project for a specific text string I know to be present)
Unable to use the CDTC/C++ Search [message #1773743] Tue, 03 October 2017 22:53 Go to next message
David  Cousens is currently offline David CousensFriend
I have an existing C/C++ project which i am debugging using Eclipse Neon3 (4.6.3) with C/C++ CDT. I am trying to locate where a particular type is declared and defined. I am using the Search->C/C++ dialog. If I search for the string "GtkAction" with the following parameters:

Search For: Any Element
Limit To: All Occurrences
Scope: Working set: Set to my src folder in the project with all subdirectories selected

This returns
Occurrences of 'GtkAction" in working set - (0 matches) in the Search Panel

'GtkAction ' is present with 20 occurrences in one file alone within the scope defined in the working set.

I have tried searching for several other strings (function names, variable names) where I know the string is present in a file within the scope and again get no matches.

I have followed the instructions in the documentation for performing this search but cannot see where my problem is.

Can anyone suggest where I might start to look for problems?
Re: Unable to use the CDTC/C++ Search [message #1774057 is a reply to message #1773743] Tue, 10 October 2017 02:12 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Works for me.
index.php/fa/30966/0/
index.php/fa/30967/0/

Note the caveat that only active code is searched.
Maybe your working set isn't as inclusive as you think.

Try searching with a File Search instead for comparison.

Perhaps you could post a small project with a failed search so we can try it too.

Previous Topic:cygwin/mingw support needed
Next Topic:Add files from linked folders to SVN repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:13:43 GMT 2024