Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Eclipse ELK vs GEF(What are feature differences in terms of modeling layouts)
Eclipse ELK vs GEF [message #1773738] Tue, 03 October 2017 20:55 Go to next message
Narasimha T is currently offline Narasimha TFriend
I am new to both ELK and GEF. Does any one can point me to right documentation where I can understand differences between ELK vs GEF. Basically I was looking for comparisons in terms of modeling tree framework with more smart alignment features. Look like both have similar functionalities when I try to explore the examples. What I understood so far was GEF is more broader and ELK is focused heavily only on layouts.

and is there any way to use ELK with in GEF?
Re: Eclipse ELK vs GEF [message #1773752 is a reply to message #1773738] Wed, 04 October 2017 06:43 Go to previous message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi Narasimha,

GEF is a full-blown framework for creating graphical editors while ELK is solely an automatic layout framework, independent of any concrete editing framework. ELK can be connected to arbitrary editing frameworks, as explained here. We already provide such a connection for GMF, which builds upon the old GEF. We do not yet ship a connection for the new incarnation of GEF, GEF4.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Previous Topic:compartment positions and smarter edge routing
Next Topic:Sizing nodes wrt ports : just can't get it work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:29:55 GMT 2024