Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » exception from generator
exception from generator [message #1773701] Tue, 03 October 2017 08:17 Go to next message
Vlad Dumitrescu is currently offline Vlad DumitrescuFriend
Hi,

Anyone knows what this is about?

regards,
Vlad

INFO: Using resourceSet registry. The registered Packages will not be registered in the global EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE!
1250 [org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main()] INFO  text.xtext.generator.XtextGenerator  - Generating com.ericsson.epg.Esc
6966 [org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main()] INFO  nerator.ecore.EMFGeneratorFragment2  - Generating EMF model code
Oct 03, 2017 8:57:04 AM org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.GenModelHelper registerGenModel
INFO: Registered GenModel 'http://www.ericsson.com/epg/Esc' from 'platform:/resource/com.ericsson.epg.esc/model/generated/Esc.genmodel'
11889 [org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main()] INFO  text.xtext.generator.XtextGenerator  - Generating common infrastructure
11906 [org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main()] ERROR mf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher  - Problems running workflow com.ericsson.epg.GenerateEsc: 
[ERROR]: GeneratorException: (Element: -UNKNOWN-; Reported by: XtextGenerator)
	 java.io.IOException: invalid manifest format
	at java.util.jar.Manifest.read(Manifest.java:225)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.MergeableManifest.<init>(MergeableManifest.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.MergeableManifest.<init>(MergeableManifest.java:195)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.generator.XtextGenerator.mergeManifest(XtextGenerator.java:393)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.generator.XtextGenerator.generateManifests(XtextGenerator.java:365)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.generator.XtextGenerator.invokeInternal(XtextGenerator.java:217)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:126)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.Mwe2Bridge.invoke(Mwe2Bridge.java:34)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.lib.AbstractWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractWorkflowComponent.java:201)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.runtime.workflow.AbstractCompositeWorkflowComponent.invoke(AbstractCompositeWorkflowComponent.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.runtime.workflow.Workflow.run(Workflow.java:19)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.run(Mwe2Launcher.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main(Mwe2Launcher.java:36)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:293)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Re: exception from generator [message #1773702 is a reply to message #1773701] Tue, 03 October 2017 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Can you share a reproducible example? Looks like there I a bug on the generator or with your manifest

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: exception from generator [message #1773703 is a reply to message #1773702] Tue, 03 October 2017 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

No, I don't think I can, but I will try.

The thing is that I wrote this with Mars, Xtext 2.9.2 and Java 6. Works fine. I have updated it to use Oxygen, Xtext 2.12 and Java 8, and it still works ok. But I need to keep a branch with pre-2.12 and when trying to use Neon, Xtext 2.10 and Java 1.8, I get this error from Maven/Tycho.

The only differences are the new Java versions for the plugins and the target.

regards,
Vlad

Re: exception from generator [message #1773704 is a reply to message #1773703] Tue, 03 October 2017 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes but the manifest class is from java.
=> you need to debug why this code is called and what happens

Re: exception from generator [message #1773705 is a reply to message #1773704] Tue, 03 October 2017 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks! I hoped I could get a pointer to what may be wrong. I'll try to debug it.
/Vlad
Re: exception from generator [message #1773706 is a reply to message #1773705] Tue, 03 October 2017 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have never seen this. the manifest class is from java. so i dont know why it dislikes your manifest

Re: exception from generator [message #1773707 is a reply to message #1773706] Tue, 03 October 2017 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can e.g. reproducing this by habving bs like this one in a manifest

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Nam: x

Re: exception from generator [message #1773709 is a reply to message #1773707] Tue, 03 October 2017 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

There is probably something wrong with platform:/resource/com.ericsson.epg.esc/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Open it with the normal manifest editor and see what it looks like. Compare it with the same file when it works for you.

Sometimes a GIT branch change without a full refresh can cause trouble.

When EMF is unhappy the MANIFEST may be trashed by a genmodel. Again this is often due to a bad refresh/rebuild. There is a genmodel option to suppress MANIFEST updates.

A few years ago a bug in an automated MANIFEST updater corrupted the ""/; punctuation.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: exception from generator [message #1773711 is a reply to message #1773709] Tue, 03 October 2017 09:31 Go to previous message
Thanks Ed and Christian -- it was some stupid whitespace, that I didn't see because I am ignoring whitespace changes... *slams head on desk*

Previous Topic:Cyclic linking detected in Maven build
Next Topic:FX Diagram Option breaks on hover.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:20:44 GMT 2024