Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout 7.0 user.area preference
Scout 7.0 user.area preference [message #1773469] Thu, 28 September 2017 10:08 Go to next message
Benjamin Schulte is currently offline Benjamin SchulteFriend
Hello,

I just updated to Scout 7. When doing so, I had to delete my user.area setting in the application's config.properties file - otherwise, an exception on startup was thrown. Same change was made for the demo applications.

I now wanted to track down how to set this directory now in Scout 7, and it turned out the UserAreaProperty in ClientConfigProperties class still returns the key "user.area", which is not valid any more.

Now I am confused. Can you give me a hint to where the property is set now, and where this can be seen.

Thank you!
Re: Scout 7.0 user.area preference [message #1773565 is a reply to message #1773469] Fri, 29 September 2017 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Benjamin

The property 'user.area' still exists as you mentioned. But it is only valid on client side.
Therefore you can remove it from the config.properties files of your server applications.
But in the ui.html applications it should still be valid. The helloworld app for instance makes still use of it on client side.

Does this help?
Re: Scout 7.0 user.area preference [message #1773642 is a reply to message #1773565] Mon, 02 October 2017 07:35 Go to previous message
Benjamin Schulte is currently offline Benjamin SchulteFriend
Yes! I was so bound to this deletion in the server properties file that I did not notice the property still exists in my client properties file.

Thanks for pointing out!
Previous Topic:Ludwigsburg, October 23rd: Eclipse Scout User Group Meeting 2017
Next Topic:[Javascript] Set custom parent of element created with scout.create()?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:14:11 GMT 2024