Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Drag of Toolbar & fast views in RCP 3.x applications running in eclipse 4 target environment
Drag of Toolbar & fast views in RCP 3.x applications running in eclipse 4 target environment [message #1773311] Tue, 26 September 2017 11:41 Go to next message
Nikolaos Pringouris is currently offline Nikolaos PringourisFriend
Hi,

I have an RCP application build with eclipse 3.x components (initially build in eclipse 3.8.2). When moving it to eclipse 4 (I am using luna 4.4.2 with the RCP compatibility layer) it occurs that although the application launches successfully there are some issues with the drag capability of certain elements.
Main Toolbar & minimized views (fast views) do not have a drag handler anymore and therefore cannot be placed/moved (i.e. move the minimized view at the bottom of the window perspective).
Is this a limitation of moving legacy 3.x application to eclipse 4 or a bug with a possible work around?

thanks in advance
Re: Drag of Toolbar & fast views in RCP 3.x applications running in eclipse 4 target environment [message #1774844 is a reply to message #1773311] Fri, 20 October 2017 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Etienne Reichenbach is currently offline Etienne ReichenbachFriend
There is a (quite old) request for this feature: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384240
Re: Drag of Toolbar & fast views in RCP 3.x applications running in eclipse 4 target environment [message #1780688 is a reply to message #1774844] Thu, 25 January 2018 17:45 Go to previous message
Nikolaos Pringouris is currently offline Nikolaos PringourisFriend
It seems that this issue has been fixed from eclipse neon and onward so I consider it resolved for the latest versions of eclipse

[Updated on: Thu, 25 January 2018 17:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Programmatically detach and insert part
Next Topic:Drag a tree view node from one JavaFX part to another part of an eclipse E4 RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:44:40 GMT 2024