Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » reference or add dll files to an existing eclipse project
reference or add dll files to an existing eclipse project [message #1773259] Mon, 25 September 2017 16:48 Go to next message
Joe Deportina is currently offline Joe DeportinaFriend
Just in the same way a maven project requires dependencies, I have an eclipse project that depends on another project which has generated 2 library files.

How would I include these library files or include the project as a reference in order to have a successful build?

Re: reference or add dll files to an existing eclipse project [message #1773285 is a reply to message #1773259] Tue, 26 September 2017 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The context menu for a Java project has a Properties... which brings up a dialog that includes "Java Build Path" where you can control the project's build path, which is stored in <project-name>/.classpath, i.e., as a hidden file nested in the workspace project that you can unhide using Filters... in the view menu, i.e., the little triangle button in the view.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: reference or add dll files to an existing eclipse project [message #1773326 is a reply to message #1773285] Tue, 26 September 2017 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your response. I was able to generate the jar file from the other project and add it to my build path as a referenced library. Unfortunately errors still persist in that for some reason some methods from those classes are not visible to the project and producing errors like;

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
The method acccccc from the type Exxxxxxxxx refers to the missing type _ccccccc	Eccccccccn.java	/framework/src/com/

line 186	Java Problem

Re: reference or add dll files to an existing eclipse project [message #1773357 is a reply to message #1773326] Tue, 26 September 2017 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The Java Build Path property page lets you add a project as a direct dependency, without having to export it to a jar.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: reference or add dll files to an existing eclipse project [message #1773362 is a reply to message #1773357] Tue, 26 September 2017 19:54 Go to previous message
Nitin, thanks for responding. I tried both; I went under project reference in build path config and checked the project there. It did not work and thus added the jar as well to try and get this to work.
Previous Topic:workspace problem
Next Topic:Web Interface for SSAS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:16:09 GMT 2024