Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » you are installing software that contains unsigned content(I wanted to install the PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature to Basic Eclipse but I got this Security Warning )
you are installing software that contains unsigned content [message #1773191] Sat, 23 September 2017 04:31 Go to next message
Veronica Cisneros is currently offline Veronica CisnerosFriend
Hello,

I wanted to install the PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature to Basic Eclipse but I got this Security Warning

What should I do?

If this is a corrupted download, how should I remove the files that downloaded?

Thank you

P.S. I tried to include the image in the post, but I have no reputation and am unable to include links at the moment. For an illustration of the Warning message, view the attached image file
  • Attachment: OihpG.png
    (Size: 29.13KB, Downloaded 473 times)
Re: you are installing software that contains unsigned content [message #1773198 is a reply to message #1773191] Sat, 23 September 2017 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I expect the release train itself only contains signed content. What do the Details>> show? I.e., which specific things aren't signed?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: you are installing software that contains unsigned content [message #1773200 is a reply to message #1773198] Sat, 23 September 2017 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. The authenticity or validity of this software cannot be established. Do you want to continue with the installation?
/home/username/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.8_155965261/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui_1.1.102.v201201131900.jar
Re: you are installing software that contains unsigned content [message #1773207 is a reply to message #1773200] Sun, 24 September 2017 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
That's a super old Indigo version. Goodness knows if everything was properly signed back then. I doubt it's a real problem with tampering, but surely you be better off to install something new like Oxygen....

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: you are installing software that contains unsigned content [message #1773214 is a reply to message #1773207] Sun, 24 September 2017 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

I have Eclipse Oxygen installed. I am trying to install PHP Programing Language.

When I update the software, to install new software, an URL with the word indigo somewhere was the only option offering the PHP Development Tools.

In researching this problem, I realized I was not doing a proper update of Eclipse b/c I was executing as a sudoer, and not root.

I uninstalled eclipse. Reinstalled Eclipse Oxygen, and then, I opened a terminal and run the program as root "sudo eclipse"

I updated the software, and this time, to install new software, only the "Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno" option offered the PHP Development Tools.

I tried to install the PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature, and now I am getting, even more, *.jar files that appear unsigned. Here is the warning I get:

https://preview.ibb.co/hvAjg5/Screenshot_from_2017_09_24_10_16_00.png

What do you suggest I do?

Thank you
Re: you are installing software that contains unsigned content [message #1782921 is a reply to message #1773191] Mon, 05 March 2018 07:50 Go to previous message
Maxim Akristiniy is currently offline Maxim AkristiniyFriend
Hello, same problem, when trying to update eclipse oxygen CPP:

Warning: You are installing software that contains unsigned content. The authenticity or validity of this software cannot be established. Do you want to continue with the installation?
C:\Users\makri\.p2\pool\plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.batch_3.13.100.v20171123-1049.jar
Previous Topic:Why is Eclipse getting slower?
Next Topic:Problem installing and running Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:16:27 GMT 2024