Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » What is the proper use of "Restore Related Elements"
What is the proper use of "Restore Related Elements" [message #1773183] Fri, 22 September 2017 22:16 Go to next message
Brad Crochet is currently offline Brad CrochetFriend
My question regards the commands access via [Right Click a Block] -> Navigate -> Restore Related Elements. The way I thought this was supposed to work was:

1) I define Block A and Block B and a relationship between A and B
2) I place A on a diagram, invoke Restore Related Elements on A, and B and the associated relationship are added to the diagram

OR

2) I add A and B to a diagram, select A, or B, or both at once, invoke Restore Related Elements, and the relationship between A and B is added to the diagram

Instead, I have yet to get this command to do anything at all...and I could really use some function like that described above. So, my question: How are you guys using this feature...what does is actually do?

--Thanks.
Re: What is the proper use of "Restore Related Elements" [message #1773231 is a reply to message #1773183] Mon, 25 September 2017 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi,

I don't use this feature, so I can't really say what is the definition used in this case for a "related element".
I confirm the behavior that you described.

The common way to display to displayed related links is to use the menu:
Right click on diagram element> Filters > Show/Hide Related Links

Regards,
Benoit
Re: What is the proper use of "Restore Related Elements" [message #1773447 is a reply to message #1773231] Thu, 28 September 2017 00:42 Go to previous message
Brad Crochet is currently offline Brad CrochetFriend
Filters -> Show Related Links...Thank you for that! My new favorite feature.
Previous Topic:Using 2 different Papyrus statemachines with the spring-statemachine project
Next Topic:NullPointerExceptions in ControlledResourceTracker while rolling back transactions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:55:24 GMT 2024