Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EPSILON Editor Performance Problem: disable online validation?
EPSILON Editor Performance Problem: disable online validation? [message #1773153] Fri, 22 September 2017 10:49 Go to next message
Luca Berardinelli is currently offline Luca BerardinelliFriend
Hi all,
I am currently editing very large .eol files (>2000 loc) and I experience some performance problem in Eclipse (Java memory exceptions, very slow editing).

Is it possible to enable/disable the online validation of EPSILON files?
Or can you suggest the best eclipse.ini configuration to edit very large EPSILON files?

Finally, due to some project constraints I installed EPSILON on Eclipse Mars2. Therefore, I do not know if similar issues have been solved in latest releases.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cheers,
Luca

Luca Berardinelli

[Updated on: Fri, 22 September 2017 10:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EPSILON Editor Performance Problem: disable online validation? [message #1773157 is a reply to message #1773153] Fri, 22 September 2017 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca Berardinelli is currently offline Luca BerardinelliFriend
I further investigated the problem.

I think that the problem is due to circular import statements among my .eol files.

If I am correct with my diagnosis, the performance problem is not due to the online validation task.

Finally, also increased the memory allocated to my eclipse instance but if I am correct with my diagnosis, it does not solve the problem by itself. It only delay the inevitable java memory exception.

-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.7
-Xms2048m
-Xmx4096m

However, I still suffer from EPSILON editor performance issues if I try to edit EPSILON files after failed executions of EPSILON tasks. I will further investigate this issue as well and come back with solutions if any.

cheers,
Luca

Luca Berardinelli

[Updated on: Fri, 22 September 2017 11:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EPSILON Editor Performance Problem: disable online validation? [message #1773158 is a reply to message #1773157] Fri, 22 September 2017 11:34 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Luca,

Could it be the case that failed executions leave large EMF-based models in memory? You can inspect/discard loaded EMF models through the Epsilon->Model Cache view.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:EWL in Papyrus (2017)
Next Topic:Setting up EMF/GMF Wizards programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:05:37 GMT 2024