Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockExc('Setup check' has encountered a problem. An internal error occured during: "Setup check".)
An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockExc [message #1773013] Wed, 20 September 2017 08:23 Go to next message
dont say is currently offline dont sayFriend
Hi,

I just downloaded eclipse+php 64 bit. (This one)
I'm on Winsows 10 64 bit and got java 64 bit installed.

I'm behind a proxy server, so when I first started eclipse, I got asked for the username and password, which I entered correctly.

I also adjusted the proxy settings, so I can connect to the market.

The error also comes up after a while when I started eclipse (after +/- 30 sec).
Also when I go to "about eclipse", "installation details", this error comes up.

The error:
'Setup check' has encountered a problem. An internal error occured during: "Setup check".
An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Re: An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLoc [message #1773065 is a reply to message #1773013] Thu, 21 September 2017 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I assume this was logged in the Error log? Can you attach the exception? You can avoid that the Setup check is done on startup via Window -> Preferences -> Oomph -> Setup Tasks and checking "Skip automatic task execution on startup". But I'd really like to see the exception. I've never seen that before.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLoc [message #1773069 is a reply to message #1773013] Thu, 21 September 2017 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Is any of this not located on a local disk, e.g. on a network share?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLoc [message #1773077 is a reply to message #1773069] Thu, 21 September 2017 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont say is currently offline dont sayFriend
Yes, a part was on a network share. Sorry for the n00b1sh mistake :)
Re: An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLoc [message #1784938 is a reply to message #1773069] Fri, 06 April 2018 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sangmin Lim is currently offline Sangmin LimFriend
Is it impossible to have eclipse installed on my sd card?
Re: An internal error occurred during: "Setup check". java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLoc [message #1784975 is a reply to message #1784938] Fri, 06 April 2018 13:26 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I've never tried. I don't see why not though...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to automatically connect to CVS Server in ECLIPSE
Next Topic:OEPE 12.2.1.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:52:47 GMT 2024