Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Some headers not indexed
Some headers not indexed [message #1772964] Tue, 19 September 2017 14:40 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
First of all - thanks for the great working. I'm using Eclipse/CDT for 10 years now and it's great.

However, I have problems with the indexer that I can't solve myself. I have set up all include paths properly and searching for unresolved includes yields no results. However, a lot of symbols in various projects show up unresolved.
If I create a parser log for one of the affected files, the indexer reports a lot of files at "is not indexed" in the "Unresolved includes" section of the log.

All include paths are set up properly. I can navigate through all includes (using Ctrl + click etc.). Sometimes this helps getting rid of unresolved symbols, but not always. Also, the list of affected files varies. After rebuilding the index, some are gone, some others appear.

The projects are relatively small, but include a lot of headers from external libraries.

Is there any way to find out *why* some headers aren't indexed?
(Unfortunately, I can't post code - company confidential.)

(Current CDT version is 9.3.0 with Cevelop 1.8, but the problems existed in previous versions with "plain" Eclipse/CDT as well.)
Re: Some headers not indexed [message #1772988 is a reply to message #1772964] Tue, 19 September 2017 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
The main reason some headers don't get indexed is because CDT doesn't know about them. We try and figure out what the include path is when parsing a source file using a few heuristics but if you have a complicated build system then we're not going to get it. There is UI to try and help the CDT by providing paths. Poke around in the project properties to see if it applies to the project type you're using.
Re: Some headers not indexed [message #1773023 is a reply to message #1772988] Wed, 20 September 2017 10:52 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
While writing that the include paths are definitely set up properly, I found a typo... :)
Most problems are gone, some "Attempt to use symbol"s And "... is not indexed" remain, but I'll retest and will post an update.
Thanks!
Previous Topic:Syntax for relative DOS path in 'Build command' string
Next Topic:renaming files in project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:58:41 GMT 2024