Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Help with modifying source and variables views during debugging
Help with modifying source and variables views during debugging [message #1772952] Tue, 19 September 2017 12:10 Go to next message
Nikita Dümmel is currently offline Nikita DümmelFriend
Hi,

I am developing a DSL with Xtext which is generated to Java.
If I place a breakpoint in my DSL editor a corresponding breakpoint is placed in the generated Java code which allows me to debug through the generated code.

However what im trying to achieve, is that during stepping over code the source code of my DSL is shown instead of Java code. Furthermore Id like to edit the variables view.

So from what I understand JDIStackFrame holds all the needed data, i.e. source location, line and variables. Is this correct?

And could you point me to where this is initialized or how can I replace it with my own stackframe?

For now I have only managed to replace the JavaSourceLookupDirector with my own that points to the DSL code in my LaunchDelegate. However while it does show my dsl source code while stepping, it has no information on current line and the variables.

Thanks,
Nikita.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 September 2017 13:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with modifying source and variables views during debugging [message #1773006 is a reply to message #1772952] Wed, 20 September 2017 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Isn't this something that the Xtext folks have already solved for implementing Xtend? It might be better to ask on an Xtext forum about their experience with this...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Help with modifying source and variables views during debugging [message #1773008 is a reply to message #1773006] Wed, 20 September 2017 08:14 Go to previous message
Nikita Dümmel is currently offline Nikita DümmelFriend
Thanks for the advice, I'll ask there too.

Still if someone knows how to edit data of an existing JDIStackFrame or to replace it with my own, it would be much appreciated.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 September 2017 08:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Ignored directive in web.xml file
Next Topic:Resource leak warning for long-lived Autoclosable object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:05:56 GMT 2024