Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Current state of Modbus support
Current state of Modbus support [message #1772933] Tue, 19 September 2017 00:01 Go to next message
Jacob Abel is currently offline Jacob AbelFriend
Hello all,

I spoke with Alois on the mailing list and he told me that there are some current issues with Modbus client support.

I see the other two threads about Modbus, but would like to know what issues anyone is currently having with anything having to do with Modbus, and/or any efforts currently underway to fix said issues so that efforts aren't overlapped.

Thanks!
Re: Current state of Modbus support [message #1773465 is a reply to message #1772933] Thu, 28 September 2017 08:39 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Jacob,

I would say there is no one working on it. Apart from the more then necessary code clean-up you already find some discussion on issues with it. I wanted to point out also to this thread in the old forum [1]. There Giorgis and I disucussed quite in lenght about different features a modbus implementation should/could have. unfortunately it never made it into the public code. I hope this gives you further ideas what to do here.

cheers,
Alois

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/fordiac/discussion/708250/thread/d1e8d008/
Previous Topic:Raspberry Pi
Next Topic:question for the port set of FORTE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:10:57 GMT 2024