Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Communication Framework » TCF configuration - again (TCF )
TCF configuration - again [message #1772911] Mon, 18 September 2017 16:08 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
When running TCF configuration in Application tab it is necessary to specify local and remote file path.
Local one is easy, however, there is no similar way to specify the remote path.
By "remote" I mean the actual executable on the platform where the application will eventually run from.
Anybody has any suggestion how to USE Eclipse IDE to guide me to "remote file path?"
I am assuming that since the TCF configuration has not been executed yet there is NO actual remote file , but HOW do I determine WHERE it is going to be?

The "agent" resides at (remote) root so should the remote file be in root also ?

What is also odd - when INCORRECT remote path is specified - the TCF configuration still "Runs" but configure WRONG ( Debug) configuration , not TCF.

Thanks
Re: TCF configuration - again [message #1772922 is a reply to message #1772911] Mon, 18 September 2017 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Tarassov is currently offline Eugene TarassovFriend
You specify both local and remote path only if you want the launch to download local file to remote machine. Very convenient if you use cross-compiler. In such case, remote path is usually some temporary location, like /tmp/myapp
Re: TCF configuration - again [message #1772923 is a reply to message #1772922] Mon, 18 September 2017 18:28 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
You specify both local and remote path only if you want the launch to download local file to remote machine. Very convenient if you use cross-compiler. In such case, remote path is usually some temporary location, like /tmp/myapp

Yes, I am developing using cross compiler on x86 and will be executing on ARM.
Are you saying this "remote file path " has no rations to TCF agent files ?
If so things will be simpler.

Thanks

Previous Topic:TCF holds off shutdown for 90 seconds
Next Topic:TCF Agent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:11:42 GMT 2024