Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser(Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser)
Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1772888] Mon, 18 September 2017 12:11 Go to next message
Haribabu Puppala is currently offline Haribabu PuppalaFriend
Hi All

I have used Eclipse Memory Analyser to analyse the Heap Dumps of my Spring MVC application. It shows there is a potential memory leak with the Spring SessionFactoryImpl, I am unable to figure out what exactly is causing this issue.

I am attaching the screen shots here of the complete memory analyser.

Kindly request someone to please help me.
Re: Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1772983 is a reply to message #1772888] Tue, 19 September 2017 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kindly someone please help
Re: Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1773007 is a reply to message #1772983] Wed, 20 September 2017 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vladimir Sitnikov is currently offline Vladimir SitnikovFriend
As seen on page 22, 50 of 78 MB is consumed by QueryPlanCache.

So you need something like https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31557076/spring-hibernate-query-plan-cache-memory-usage

On the other hand, the memory consumption is just 50M, so you might want just increase the heap size and see how it would go.
Re: Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1773103 is a reply to message #1773007] Thu, 21 September 2017 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Thanks a lot for the help. As mentioned I would like to increase the HEAP size and see if it all goes well.

Also please let me know what exactly is causing the WebClasscloader to occupy 40M, could you please let me know how to trace the HashMap and find out what are the objects holding back in memory and why this HashMap is occupying 40M memory.

Please find the screen shot attached.

Thanks,
-Hari.
  • Attachment: Fig -1.PNG
    (Size: 122.74KB, Downloaded 232 times)
Re: Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1773261 is a reply to message #1773103] Mon, 25 September 2017 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can somebody please help how to analyse the hashmap[] consuming 40mb memory, please see the screenshot attached in the previous thread
Re: Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1773264 is a reply to message #1773261] Mon, 25 September 2017 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vladimir Sitnikov is currently offline Vladimir SitnikovFriend
Have you tried "Show retained set" on the HashMap in question?

E.g.: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/kevgrig/entry/advanced_heapdump_analysis_retained_sets
Re: Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1773289 is a reply to message #1773264] Tue, 26 September 2017 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I have tried the "Show retained size" as mentioned below, Please find the document attached.

Kindly please help.

Thanks
-Hari

[Updated on: Tue, 26 September 2017 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help to fix the Spring SessionFactoryImpl Memory leak with Eclipse Memory Analyser [message #1774987 is a reply to message #1772888] Mon, 23 October 2017 08:43 Go to previous message
Can someone please help how to analyse the hashmap[] consuming 40mb memory, please see the screenshot attached in the previous thread
Previous Topic:Strange unknown string instance
Next Topic:ParseHeapdump.sh throws error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:11:32 GMT 2024