Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse can't find header files
Eclipse can't find header files [message #1772649] Wed, 13 September 2017 14:51 Go to next message
Scott Siddall is currently offline Scott SiddallFriend
Using Eclipse 4.3.0 (KEPLER)

When trying to "Open Declaration" of include files listed below, I get an error that Eclipse can't find them. They most definitely exist and I've added the full paths to the "Paths and Symbols", "Includes" tab in the project properties and rebuilt the index. (I've also tried adjusting the scalability and indexer options to try to solve this problem.)
15 #include "api/sys/colibry/pf/base/src/HBTypes.h"
16 #include "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBMap.hpp"
17 #include "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBHashArray.hpp"
18 #include "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBHashMap.hpp"
19 #include "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBQueue.hpp"
20 #include "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBPtrVector.hpp"
21 #include "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBSortedVector.hpp"

This is the parser logfile created from a header file with the above includes:
Scanner problems:
Unresolved inclusion: "api/sys/colibry/pf/base/src/HBTypes.h" in file: /home/yoctoadm/sxeapp_project/project/source/imp/sxeApp/src/XMAppTypes.hpp:15
Unresolved inclusion: "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBMap.hpp" in file: /home/yoctoadm/sxeapp_project/project/source/imp/sxeApp/src/XMAppTypes.hpp:16
Unresolved inclusion: "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBHashArray.hpp" in file: /home/yoctoadm/sxeapp_project/project/source/imp/sxeApp/src/XMAppTypes.hpp:17
Unresolved inclusion: "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBHashMap.hpp" in file: /home/yoctoadm/sxeapp_project/project/source/imp/sxeApp/src/XMAppTypes.hpp:18
Unresolved inclusion: "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBQueue.hpp" in file: /home/yoctoadm/sxeapp_project/project/source/imp/sxeApp/src/XMAppTypes.hpp:19
Unresolved inclusion: "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBPtrVector.hpp" in file: /home/yoctoadm/sxeapp_project/project/source/imp/sxeApp/src/XMAppTypes.hpp:20
Unresolved inclusion: "api/sys/colibry/pf/containers/src/THBSortedVector.hpp" in file: /home/yoctoadm/sxeapp_project/project/source/imp/sxeApp/src/XMAppTypes.hpp:21

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Re: Eclipse can't find header files [message #1772770 is a reply to message #1772649] Fri, 15 September 2017 03:11 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
I've tried this with directories from my own system using both
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Paths and Symbols --> Includes
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc. --> CDT User Settings Entries
with no problems.

Be sure that the full path used actually contains the include starting with api/ ....
Also, make sure it was added under C++ with the proper configuration.
The paths added using Paths and Symbols should be listed under
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc. --> CDT Managed Build Settings Entries

You may need to rebuild the index after adding a path.
Project --> C/C++ Index --> Rebuild
Previous Topic:Online documentation
Next Topic:Eclipse C resume and run to line do not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:41:26 GMT 2024